2015 Sony Tvs with apps.

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Just ordered a new Sony XBR75X850C... I have a VIP922 in another state...
Will the dish anywhere app work on that tv?....
Anyone side load it if its not in the google play store?

Probably not. The issue is the plug ins. Dish purposefully doesn't allow stuff like that from working.

Probably not. The issue is the plug ins. Dish purposefully doesn't allow stuff like that from working.

Well it runs on Android, and the 922 is 1700 miles away....Sounds queer to me....Thats why I was wondering about side loading....

I can't tell you anything about side loading. Just past experiences. What drivers or software version is on the TVs. This is not my area of expertise. Like I said, it's just known that Dish tries to prevent that, but it's not impossible. Doesn't ROKU or one of them boxes also run on android? Fire stick?

If you already know you can't download it from the Playstore, there is no one who can answer your question unless they have that TV and have tried to sideload it. Many sideloaded apps work on my Fire Stick but many do not as an example.

TV has been ordered...The question wouldnt be asked if I had tv here and setup..

Roku is its own OS. Fire is Android. The question today is how long can Roku can remain default streaming of choice when more and more developers--and BIG one at that--are limiting their costs to iOS or Android and not bothering with Roku OS? I, for one, think that at some point down the road, Roku is going to have to go Android and dump its OS. The FireTV and Chromcast more than any other competing streamers are forcing this matter upon Roku. We shall have to wait and see how this plays out.

Roku is its own OS. Fire is Android. The question today is how long can Roku can remain default streaming of choice when more and more developers--and BIG one at that--are limiting their costs to iOS or Android and not bothering with Roku OS? I, for one, think that at some point down the road, Roku is going to have to go Android and dump its OS. The FireTV and Chromcast more than any other competing streamers are forcing this matter upon Roku. We shall have to wait and see how this plays out.
That's kinda like saying apple needs to dump ios to compete with microsoft

Not on mine, this is though...
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1445349495.116284.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)