2015 Sunday Ticket Deals/Offers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I bet it would be higher in the long run. And I am not talking DTV customers, but DTV customers that don't want to pay full value for ST and would settle for something like red zone plus the nationally televised and locally televised games. Huge piece of business.
Probably so.

I bet IF D* refused to give discounts on the ST they would lose 15-20% of those football fans.

Probably right Jimbo. I think for some, like myself, who are on a fixed income, any discount helps off the Ticket, I never go in and say well New customers get it free, yeah it sucks, but I've been with them for almost 10 years, so I just politely ask if any discounts are available and if not, then I will gladly pay for the ticket price. I'm not with DirecTV just for NFL ST yes that was the reason for switching to them, but now I couldn't imagine leaving them.

Anyway, even if I did get the Ticket Free, I would expect to have to commit another 12 months on a contract.

Personally I think the Ticket should be $41.99 for 6 months for the Max, not regular, the Ticket is overpriced, but if you don't want it, don't buy it then, or politely ask for dicsounts, I never threaten to cancel, or anything like that.

Reactions: Jimbo
I called Wednesday and cancelled ST max. I was offered 10% off and told her it was too much, and then another offer popped on her screen, her words, and she offered me 20% off. I politely turned down both offers, she was very friendly and I told her I was really only interested in the Red zone channel, really all I watched. I may call back as the season gets closer to see what I sort of offer may shake out.

I called Wednesday and cancelled ST max. I was offered 10% off and told her it was too much, and then another offer popped on her screen, her words, and she offered me 20% off. I politely turned down both offers, she was very friendly and I told her I was really only interested in the Red zone channel, really all I watched. I may call back as the season gets closer to see what I sort of offer may shake out.

Just ask retention for Red Zone by itself. Usually they will accommodate that request for free

I bet that if you take the max promotion and let it fix on your account, and then call in 1 month and go for the genie, they will upgrade you for the same costs as they would today, and your 2 year commitment would take priority, so you get both free ST and the Genie. The other way around, you might not get the ST free.

That's a solid idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

I find it sad that people complain that they have to pay more for NFL ST when they've gotten huge discounts on it year after year. If you want it, pay for it. If you don't want to pay for it, don't get it. I hate the fact that companies give discounts on things like that, especially things that hold such exclusivity. You can't get it anywhere else, no need to discount it imo.

But the real crazy thing is they give this away for free year after year to so many people. If they are willing to give it away then why not keep trying to get it free?

Are you working ?
I am, I occasionally have OT available to me, so I am Not on a fixed income ...
However, I know what he's referring ...if you are retired, your on a fixed income.
What you get is what you get, thats it.

I am working. Yes, overtime is available from time to time if I want it, but that's beside the point. A lot of people on "fixed incomes" complain because their bill is too high, however are unwilling to sacrifice anything to make it more affordable for them, so they get pissed off when they don't get credits or any breaks on their bills.

My point was that "fixed' or not, most people's incomes are limited, ergo budgeting must be done. Sacrifices must sometimes be made in order to maintain a budget. If you can't afford it, don't get it. It's really that simple. Don't take it out on the company for having prices that you can't afford. (Not to you directly, obviously. Just a general statement.)

I am working. Yes, overtime is available from time to time if I want it, but that's beside the point. A lot of people on "fixed incomes" complain because their bill is too high, however are unwilling to sacrifice anything to make it more affordable for them, so they get pissed off when they don't get credits or any breaks on their bills.

My point was that "fixed' or not, most people's incomes are limited, ergo budgeting must be done. Sacrifices must sometimes be made in order to maintain a budget. If you can't afford it, don't get it. It's really that simple. Don't take it out on the company for having prices that you can't afford. (Not to you directly, obviously. Just a general statement.)
Sadly, there are tons of people out there that don't know how to budget.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
DirecTV To Stream ‘NFL Sunday Ticket’ To Those Who Can’t Buy Satellite https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/directv-stream-nfl-sunday-ticket-165058043.html
AT&T hopes to score with football fans who want to watch DirecTV’s NFL Sunday Ticket but can’t put a satellite dish on their apartment, condominium, townhouse, or college dorm — or have another obstruction. The telco just expanded its streaming option to those who can’t subscribe to the No. 1 satellite company, which AT&T just acquired.NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV will cost $49.99 a month, and offer live out-of-market NFL games to computers, mobile devices, major game consoles, and smart TV devices including Roku and Chromecast. Students at any four-year university can pay $24.99 a month for NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV U.Devoted fans willing to pay $89.99 a month can also watch Red Zone Channel, and DirecTV Fantasy Zone, with additional data and analysis for fantasy football devotees.DirecTV experimented with Sunday Ticket streaming last year at 10 colleges and for those unable to buy satellite service in Philadelphia, New York and San Francisco.Late last year additional streaming rights were built into DirecTV’s deal renewing NFL Sunday Ticket. AT&T made its $49B deal to buy DirecTV contingent on having the Sunday matches. The NFL has a separate agreement with Verizon that enables it to stream games to its mobile users through 2017.
If in wrong section please move and I apologize!! :)

I was offered $10 off the $58.99 for 6 months price for ST Max. I declined the offer and asked the Retentions person I was talking to remove ST Max and she did, without any other offers. I will try again closer to the season opener to see what I can get.

I was offered $10 off the $58.99 for 6 months price for ST Max. I declined the offer and asked the Retentions person I was talking to remove ST Max and she did, without any other offers. I will try again closer to the season opener to see what I can get.

When is it better?....Weeks before season starts, or just before to get best deal?

If you're going to look to get it cheaper, I would recommend to call after the first week, but before the second (unless you're wanting Max.) - - after the free trial. Otherwise, I'd say right before the season starts if you want Max.

Looks like they are bringing gameplan to the states and replacing replay or whatever it was called. Still no live games in the USA but that can be circumvented. I might consider it next year.

i would call sooner than later for anything sunday ticket related. Some people are already discussing getting deals. They've just come out of their merger, AT&T could change the norm as for credits or discounts on things like Sunday Ticket anytime.

DirecTV has already tightened what they do in retention credits, I would not be surprised if it continued to be reduced.

AT&T: Inks Marriott deal, discounts football for students
Aug 11 2015, 17:06 ET | About: AT&T Inc. (T) | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor http://seekingalpha.com/news/271941...al-discounts-football-for-students#email_link

Ahead of an analyst day tomorrow, AT&T (NYSE:T) finished slightly lower today (-0.4%) after marking a three-year, $150M deal to become Marriott's preferred network provider.
The deal means better services for guests as well as facilitating the move of Marriott applications to the cloud over a three- to five-year time frame. Marriott will bring voice and data services onto one network, and get a dedicated maintenance center from AT&T to handle support.
In an unsurprising move with its DirecTV deal closed, AT&T broke off NFL Sunday Ticket as an online streaming option for multi-unit dwellings (apartments, condos, townhouses) starting at $49.99/month for four months -- but is offering that deal at half off for college students.
With DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) in hand, tomorrow should bring more information about the company's capex and marketing plans, both for the TV products (and associated bundles and offerings) and for Mexico expansion.

i would call sooner than later for anything sunday ticket related. Some people are already discussing getting deals. They've just come out of their merger, AT&T could change the norm as for credits or discounts on things like Sunday Ticket anytime.

DirecTV has already tightened what they do in retention credits, I would not be surprised if it continued to be reduced.
I was thinking that as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts