Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
Comcast gained?

ATTACH=full]126035[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Cord Cutting Report 2017.JPG
    Cord Cutting Report 2017.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 277
I consider myself a cord cutter, but I still pay Comcast/Xfinity for my Internet service. For the last 12 years the price has been $65 for Internet and 30 basic channels. The price is the same with or without the 30 channels. I get the same channels OTA in HD.

Actually Comcast gives you a lot more local channels for free than Dish does. I get an additional 10 subchannels that Dish doesn't carry. It works out well because I dropped local svc under the FIex Plan. I do get charged $7 for free locals and HBO.

Reactions: pattykay
Did DirectTV break even or simply not report at all?

Probably reported with AT&T

I find it surprising to see what Dish lost.

As far as Comcast, they did not actually gain video subscribers. They simply changed their packages and forced customers to take the limited basic Tv package as the bundle in many cases was cheaper than their stand alone internet package.

The most popular Internet package is 25 megs which they sell for $44.99 with limited basic Tv.

The next move Comcast will make is not offering a traditional cable package at all with a converter box, but giving customers the ability to stream their limited basic Tv package.

I have written this before, cord cutting is not the only problem cable/sat. providers have, the other problem is there is also no growth, no new subscribers.

Every year, 2.5 million people die, 4 million are born in the US ( on average), and it has been that way for about the last 30 years, that is 1.5 million people that do not subscribe to TV services.

Now, kids and young adults are being taught they do not need a TV provider, they are being raised on You Tube, Netflix, Hulu, etc, that learned behavior is hard to change and they will stick to those services that they grew up with, when my kids went to college ( daughter still there), they never had cable TV in their dorm, they were happy with Netflix and the others, they never asked for Cable TV.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: ncted and MikeD-C05
I have written this before, cord cutting is not the only problem cable/sat. providers have, the other problem is there is also no growth, no new subscribers.

Every year, 2.5 million people die, 4 million are born in the US ( on average), and it has been that way for about the last 30 years, that is 1.5 million people that do not subscribe to TV services.

Now, kids and young adults are being taught they do not need a TV provider, they are being raised on You Tube, Netflix, Hulu, etc, that learned behavior is hard to change and they will stick to those services that they grew up with, when my kids went to college ( daughter still there), they never had cable TV in their dorm, they were happy with Netflix and the others, they never asked for Cable TV.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
I've posted similar thoughts about this subject in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts