20g or 60g PS3

Tbone

Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
What would I be losing if I went with the 20g versus the 60g PS3. Also has there been any further news about the scaler issues. I have a 4 year old 46" Sony which
does not do 720 natively. I love the Tiger Woods 2007 golf sim but I believe it is 720p only so thjis means I would get 480p at best correct. I am really wanting the low cost blue-ray player, but that scaler issue really bites. Will the 2008 version of Tiger Woods have 1080i capabilities?

I bought my 20GB PS3 primarily for the Bluray playback. It works great and am very happy with it. I don't need wireless since I have an ethernet hub next to my TV. I don't need a bigger HD since I plan on upgrading the HD anyway. I don't need the compact flash slot since it has four USB ports and I have USB flash sticks anyway. And I don't care about the chrome trim. So, I saved 20GB and got the $499 version with free shipping and no tax from Amazon.com (when they had it in stock briefly).

I will warn you of this. My wife and I rented a video game (Dark Kingdom) and we beat it after about 10 days. I also have four games into an NHL season saved on the harddrive, and our PS2 memory card and we have already used 8g of hard drive space. I originally only wanted the 20, but if it fills up that fast I'm glad I got the 60gb. Also with the addition of downloading hd movies to the harddrive coming soon (if thats your thing) then the extra space will be nice.

I will warn you of this. My wife and I rented a video game (Dark Kingdom) and we beat it after about 10 days. I also have four games into an NHL season saved on the harddrive, and our PS2 memory card and we have already used 8g of hard drive space. I originally only wanted the 20, but if it fills up that fast I'm glad I got the 60gb. Also with the addition of downloading hd movies to the harddrive coming soon (if thats your thing) then the extra space will be nice.

Or you buy the 20 if you don't need wifi/card reader and just upgrade the HD yourself. Lots of info out there on how to do it.

The Tier System For Blu-ray PQ

Blockbuster Online - HD DVD MIA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts