20lnbr1-03 LNB specs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dxmichael

Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
Switzerland
Hi guys

I bought on my last vacation in Florida the small Directv dish with a 20lnbr1-03 LNB on it.
Im a "satellite guy / technician" in Europe.
Now Im looking for the specs of the whole LNB block - frequency range, LO, art of switching the integrated multiswitch (schapematic of it ), voltage of polarity, wich feed is KU, wich one KA, etc. I like to fix the dish near my other dishes and receive something in KU band with it, just for fun. The receiver will be a Dreambox 800HD.
Can you provide me with the specs informations, or do you know where I can get it

Thanx
Dxmichael

Hello dxmichael I moved your thread to the FTA section. You may get a response here. I wish the FTA here was like it is over in Europe. :)
I don't have that LNBF assembly so maybe someone else can help. No Ka band FTA here in the states that I know about.
Is there a lot over there? I've often wanted to try it over here, but never seem to get around to trying it out.

There are a lot of KU band FTA channels in Europe. Most of them are from Germany and UK, some of them are shopping and "call us and answer a stupid question"-channels.

About the Directv LNBF : I`v read somewhere that one of the 3 feedhorns is KA band, but the lyngsat frequencies are all KU… so thatswhy my confusion. Do you or anybody know
how the receiver switches between the 3 LNBs ? Diseqc in Europe. Whats the normally used LO frequency in the states ? Here in EU it is 9750 for low band and 10600 for high band.
Im now really not sure if the world is really so apart in this LNB standards or if it is the same worldwide… I know you US guys have often something special... :)

Whats the normally used LO frequency in the states ? Here in EU it is 9750 for low band and 10600 for high band.
Same here if using a Universal LNBF. But only needed for some Atlantic satellites, as everything 'over here' is in the High band (11700 to 12200) only so a Standard LNBF with a LO of 10750 is usually employed.
I know you US guys have often something special... :)
The general consensus here is you're the ones with 'something special'.

The LNBF assembly you have appears to be a DirecTV Phase III based on that number. It is going to be little to no use for you in Europe. One of the LNBFs will handle 12224-12750. The other two are limited to certain frequencies based on frequency selection, polarity and 22k tones.

Phase III LNBF is Ku only, circular polarity. L.O. is 11250. 13V/18V will give you feed from the first (101W) feedhorn. The middle (110W) and last (119W) are activated with 22k tone. Frequency selection then determines which of the two are switched to. Middle and last will not do the full frequency range like the first one does. Somewhere I have a full switching tree diagram for the PIII but can't find it. If I manage to locate either the paper document or the PDF I know I have of it I will post it here for you.

Thanks guys !! You are right. The LNB is of nearly no use for me here in the "special" Europe :) . I received some transponders with it, but only for test purposes. The limited frequency range and the non-standard switching makes a normal satellite reception (10700-12750 ) impossible.
And that brings me to an other idea. Is there some bracket ( I googled and found nothing ) wich I can fix instead of the Phase III LNB and use a single regular universal LNBF ? In that way I could use the dish in a normal mode.

Hi guys.
It took long ( because of lack of time ) , but I have found a nice solution for my problem.
The modification: I just sawed off the middle feedhorn and replaced it with a universal LNB ( european style LO 9750/10600 , 22kHz hi/low switching , 14/18V V/H switching ) which almost perfectly fits in the focus of the antenna. It fits not exactly like the original feed horn, but because the antenna is not really an precise focused masterpiece, it dosn`t matter. I tried the antenna and made good signal result comparable with an similar size dish. The LNB is made by Zinwell and I had to unscrew the rear side to make it smaller ( to fit in the focus ) and to have it flat so it can better be fixed to the flat DirecTV LNB - block. The LNB is adhered and sealed with transparent silicon.
I have attached some photos of this modification.
I , of course, think about to saw the the other 2 feed horns and replace it in the correct degree-distance with the same Universal LNB :) This would be a hard-core modification US to EU :)

Dxmichael

Attachments

• 20140906_232647.jpg
    20140906_232647.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 133
  • 20140906_232943.jpg
    20140906_232943.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20140906_232833.jpg
    20140906_232833.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 20140906_232713.jpg
    20140906_232713.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 120
Status
Please reply by conversation.

A...ten inch satellite dish?

Tried fta on small dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)