211 Locals problem

intrac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
All my Detroit locals are located at 8030 and up.

I had them at their actual channel numbers (2, 4, 7, etc.), and now can't get them any more at their own numbers.

I also lost the HD locals and the 211 won't scan them.

The HD locals don't even come in when I choose the channel numbers using the manual ADD function.

I get HD locals on my TV with its' internal ATSC tuner, but I was also getting them using the SCAN funtion on the 211. The 211 appears to have a better ATSC tuner than my set because it could pick up the HD locals at levels lower than the TV's internal ATSC tuner.

I've tried different priority (HD, SD, disabled) settings and the HD locals won't scan, can't be added manually, and the SD locals no longer appear with their proper numbers. I've checked the antenna signals at the input to the 211 and they are good.

I subscribe to the HD Bronze with locals.

Any ideas?

Do you turn your receiver off when its not being used? Have you tried a hard reset by pulling the power cord and plugging it back in after 10 seconds?

I've tried the hard reset -- holding down the power button, and also pulling the plug.

I found the problem with the HD locals -- it was a bad cable. I even had tried a different cable, and it also turned out bad. Go figure - 2 bad cables.

The HD locals come in with "Digital Service" only -- no information.

However, I still cannot get the SAT locals to come up with their actual numbers.

The Detroit locals (8030 and up) don't come in at 2, 4, 7, etc. I tried setting the prioroty to SD, HD, and to disabled and doing a rest after each setting.

With Dish's HD receivers all locals are in the four digit channel location.
The single digit channel numbers are reserved for your receiver scan of local ota.

fred
(there may be something in your menu to change them - not sure anymore)

Naw Ive seen them listed in the 8030 range and in 02-00 04-00 07-00 20-00 ect ect ect wether on the 211/411/622 or the older dish pro receivers to. It would seem that your receiver has an issue but you should call and schedule a service call to investigate the issue, I would come out myself since Im in the area but Im working the next 3 days.

Van said:
Naw Ive seen them listed in the 8030 range and in 02-00 04-00 07-00 20-00 ect ect ect wether on the 211/411/622 or the older dish pro receivers to. It would seem that your receiver has an issue but you should call and schedule a service call to investigate the issue, I would come out myself since Im in the area but Im working the next 3 days.

NAW, he doesn't have a problem.
NAW, that's only after they have been scanned. A TWO DIGIT number will not show up!!!

02-00 is ch 2 analog after scanned.
02-01 is ch 2 digital.

Intrac, what channlels uhf/vhf does your 2, 4, 7 come in on.
Try adding them manually using the proper uhf/vhf channel number.
Some receiver psip data changes occasionally.
my cbs ch 7 (UHF 18) sometimes shows 18-1, 18-2, 18-3, other times shows 7-1, 7-2, 7-3. It wont be shown as ch 7 ever. But they still show in the 9000s like you mention- but that's the sd satellite reception channels.

fred

Last edited:
The digitals on the 211 show up as 02-01, 04-01, etc. They don't show up on their actual broadcast numbers. (same as my ATSC TV tuner).

The SD analogs used to to show up as 02-00, etc. They don't anymore after the 2.66 upgrade.

The 211 has locals settings for HD, SD, and DISABLE.

The settings are to allow the analog SDs to appear with their actual channel numbers, and not the 4-digit numbers.

The manual Page 79, Sect. 11 -- says: "If you subscribe to the local satellite (Sat Locals) channels and want to see them in the Program Guide by broadcast number, enable the Sat Locals feature. Otherwise, the local satellite channels will display in the four-digit channel range."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts