211 locking up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikemorin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Southern Indiana
installed a customer 2 weeks ago that had DTV in 2 rooms, used dpplus head and existing wire. After install customer states that it locks up and scrambles sometimes while watching i went back out and switched out lnbs on dish and checked strengths 129 is around 82, I'm thinkin either bad cables or the 211 is bad?? Any suggestions?

oh dish said is the system grounded? i hardly ground systems & never heard of it to make it NOT lockup???

thanks

mike

mikemorin said:
oh dish said is the system grounded? i hardly ground systems & never heard of it to make it NOT lockup???

thanks

mike

Theres your problem, not only do you aparently not ground systems but if your not doing that then your most likely not doing other things right on the job such as replacing substandard cables that probably arent rated for dpp. You should call your supervisor and ask for retraining and if your solo then go to the nearest DNS facility and have their lsc trainer teach you how to do your job right. :mad:

You dont get it, if your skipping one step ( obviously a very critical one if you dont know ) then what else are you skipping in your installs? Not only does grounding play a role in disipating static electrical discharge and direct lightning or 220 line current should either make contact with the dish into the ground source but it can also discharge current from a faulty socket out of the system.

One thing that you should really know about this board is that your not going to find alot of people that will stand by your views of not grounding a system, work like that is what people come on these boards and post about along with pictures of the hack work that was done and those of us who are good technicians who take pride in our work wont be shy about letting you know how we feel about wire hackers.

I just noticed my install that was done in september 04 is not grounded i found out only cause i went up to aim my 148 at the 129 about 2 weeks ago will dish repair it cause i was supposed to get a D1000 when i upgraded to the new hd stuff and a 211 but i declined to have the D1000 i wanted to keep my two D500's?

On ANY sort of upgrades, it's expected for the installer to "walk" the entire system. And if it's not grounded, then to do so.

Yes, it can be a pain in the ass. And in a way, you're almost reinstalling the complete system depending on what sort of receivers and LNBS and dishes you have to swap out. Guess what, tho....it's...PART OF THE JOB!!

webbydude said:
On ANY sort of upgrades, it's expected for the installer to "walk" the entire system. And if it's not grounded, then to do so.

Yes, it can be a pain in the ass. And in a way, you're almost reinstalling the complete system depending on what sort of receivers and LNBS and dishes you have to swap out. Guess what, tho....it's...PART OF THE JOB!!

%99 of all the service calls, trouble calls, and upgrades I roll on have to be partialy or full reinstalled due to shoddy and huried work done by the installer. For the longest time it was almost exclusively crap work done by subcontractors but since february and the opening of a new depot its balanced out.

The biggest problem I face now is having the time to address replacing part or all of any system ontop of making all of my other calls in a reasonable time frame wich is next to impossible to accomplish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)