211 Problem downloading the program guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

llueveYescampa

Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Hi all,

My 211 receiver stops downloading the program guide. At any given time, the program guide only has the current and the following event. If I try to go beyond the following event I get an error 318 (Program information is outdated. Do you want to retrive the information now?) If you say yes, you get attention 330 (the program information is now bering downloaded......) and stay there forever.

A technitian for Dish network came and we both concluded that the problem was in my receiver. (The signial strength from my Dish 1000 is above 87% for all satelites 110, 119,129).

I got a new receiver but after a couple o days the problem begins in the new receivr also. Now I know that if I retrive the receiver factory defults (Main Menu-6-5) the receiver is able to retrive the program guide again, but after one or two days the problem shows again.

Has anyone have a similar problem?
Any ideas?

Most of this problem is the low signal quality involved, 87% is not very high, you need at least 95 on 119 to get the download smooth.

Hi sksatellite,
This morning the strength on my satellites are:
110 - 92%
119 - 97%
129 - 77%

The problem downloading the program guide is still there.:mad: :mad:

Are you getting those type numbers on both even/odd transponders on all 3 satellites? I had that probelem with my 622 and it was due the fact that I had an issue where I wasnt getting a signal on the even numbered transponders from 110.

I didnt even realize the problem just from trying to watch programming because the only channels I watch off 110 are HD channels and they're on odd numbered transponders.

Once I fixed the problem I was downloading the full guide again.

Last edited:
Hi DP!,

I took a look of what you mentioned....

I only have signal on the following even transponders of satelite 110:

Transponder Strength
06 118%
12 62%
14 51%
16 52%

all others even transponders on 110 are dead.

How did you fix the problem?

Most likely a cable or connector problem or even water getting in the connectors. Even transponders are on the high frequency 1650 - 2150 Mhz, and the loss is higher on long cable runs or problems with the cable or connector.

Check all your connectors. Is your cable rated to at least 2200 Mhz? How long are your cable runs (from dishes to receiver)?

I would urge everyone that is having a problem with EchoStar 129 West to contact the C.E.O. of EchoStar and complain to him. I'm tired of the techs of telling me there isn't a problem with the 129 west satellite. The installers have been to my residents five times and they can't fix the signal loss. I don't intend on having them out here any time soon. They must drive from Portland, OR and they tell me they don't get payed after the first call. Portland is 100 miles from where I live.
Floyd

llueveYescampa said:
Hi DP!,

I took a look of what you mentioned....

I only have signal on the following even transponders of satelite 110:

Transponder Strength
06 118%
12 62%
14 51%
16 52%

all others even transponders on 110 are dead.

How did you fix the problem?

Yeah thats what I was seeing.. only got signal on 3 or 4 even tp's at 110.

Look into the things Randall mentioned. In my case it was a poor connector/cabling issues due in part I'm sure to the fact that the cables had been just hanging in the elements without being connected to lnbs while I took a 2 year hiatus from Dish.

I think it was like that from when I first hooked up the 622 and it was downloading the guide fine regardless for a few weeks.. but maybe Dish changed where the guide for 110 channels was spooling from or something cause one day I suddenly had the same prob as you.

All I know for sure was as soon as I got to the bottom of the even tp. issue, the guide started updating again fine and has been for a couple weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)