211 service

rabbitt83

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
oak park michigan
a friend of mine had dish up untill july got his service turned off
he can still get the hd preview channel on his 211, his roomate is getting new service with dish this week, when they come out and turn on the service will the 211 still work on his hd tv

he has not returned the 211 becouse he wants to restart his service later when he pays dish the 175 he owes them, right now they are going to get new service under the roomates name till they can pay dish and restart there old service

Sounds like he dosen't realize DISH is going to bill him for the receiver he is stealing from them so the $175 owed currently will increase a lot.

im not trying to scam dish, im not returning the 211 becose im going to restart my service later, and i all really payed my upgrade from the 811 to the 211, they have charged me equiptment fee but they will wave the charges when we start back up our service to dish,

Still... If the reason they are changing the subscriber is because one room mate owes Dish money. Then what will ultimately happen (if Dish doesn't realize that the person who owes them money is still at that location) is that the other room mate will end up owing Dish money and, subsequently, their service will be shut off, again!

Here's hoping Dish is smarter than that. I've seen this many times with phone and electric service.

Tell your friend to PAY HIS BILLS on time. Then he wouldn't be in this predictament!

Last edited:
Well it went from "a friend of mine" to "I'm not trying to scam". :D
Who says you can't borrow yourself out of debt?:D

It sounds like they already called Dish and have service scheduled under the new name. With that said...

I wonder what type of package, promotion, etc... was arranged. If the new service includes some sort of commitment, then the roommate will not be able to cancel it without paying penalties and/or having a few points taken off his/her credit score.

Also, starting and stopping service usually involves a few dollars, and then there may be activation fees for new accounts.

If not able to pay, I think maybe they should of tried:
...(a) Ask Dish if they can pay the monthly amount plus a few dollars until caught up.
...(b) Until they can pay off what is owed, "don't watch Dish, except for the free preview channels". But NFLHD will be gone soon.
...(c) If "Better TV for All" is that important, then maybe get a "pay as you go Dish system".

Good Luck,
PS - Dish does not activate/deactivate the dish antenna, just the receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)