211 vs 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bajaeddie

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Just got my new vip211 from dish..they were very helpful on activation. The only problem I have is the lack of inputs and outputs on the 211. It was nice having things run through my 811 which can not run through the 211. But overall the 211 blows away the 811

I agree with Bajaeddie, I miss the extra input/outputs that was on the 811 but not on the 211. However I do like how the 211 has the guid at the bottom video in the uper right and the show info in the left hand corner. On other negative about the 211, the video on the HD channels take longer to come up than the audio does. For about 5 seconds I get audio with a black screen. Now this could be because of the lack of audio out puts. I run the composite video to my TV and I have to run the RCA audio run along with it to my tv because the digital optical is going to my thearter reciever. Now if I want to record something on my VCR or DVD recorder I have to split the RCA audio outputs to run to the recorder and the TV at the same time. Miss my extra input/outputs.

See what the downer is for me this new 211 has a digital output for audio and not RCA outputs and my bose s.s. dosent have a digital in :( . I run the hdmi cable to my tv and the old 811 had RCA audio out puts which i ran directly to my inputs of my bose system. Oh well guess its time to upgrade my reciever.

Bajaeddie said:
See what the downer is for me this new 211 has a digital output for audio and not RCA outputs and my bose s.s. dosent have a digital in :( . I run the hdmi cable to my tv and the old 811 had RCA audio out puts which i ran directly to my inputs of my bose system. Oh well guess its time to upgrade my reciever.

That doesn't sound right. See this link for the 411 (which from what I understand is basically a 211 without ethernet):

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?products_id=261

See the 4th big picture down. Just above the 3 component plugs (reg, blue, green) are the composite plugs (red, white, yellow). The red and white are your RCA AUDIO OUT jacks.

KyDave said:
That doesn't sound right. See this link for the 411 (which from what I understand is basically a 211 without ethernet):

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?products_id=261

See the 4th big picture down. Just above the 3 component plugs (reg, blue, green) are the composite plugs (red, white, yellow). The red and white are your RCA AUDIO OUT jacks.
The 811 has an extra set of audio and video composite outputs.

Well don't I feel foolish - I thought he was saying that the 211 didn't have any RCA audio outputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts