211K Buffer

llokey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Anyone experiencing problems with the 211K live buffer? My problem started within the last week. It takes forever to scroll back and then when I am playing from the buffer, the are a lot of problems playing. Just trying to determine if my EHD is going bad. I have power cycled both the receiver and the drive. All recorded shows play just fine. FYI - 1 TB drive.

Thanks - Larry

For what it's worth I seem to have finally cleared the problem. I rebooted the receiver, power cycled it, power cycled the drive - all with no success. Finally I disconnected the drive, booted up the receiver, and then connected the EHD. The receiver checked it for compatibility and asked me if I wanted to reboot. I did and now it seems to be working properly. Just have to get the receiver's attention I guess.

I am having the same issues right now. It also stopped recording a couple days back. Will try your suggestion and let you know. At least you now have company.

Tried the routine you described and ended up having the same problem. If I pause or rewind, the unit locks up. Can take a minute to regain control. I can play anything from the DVR list with no problems. Gonna leave it unplugged for a while and see what happens....boo:(

Here is how I finally fixed the problem - http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/315377-211K-EHD-Replacement. Even though it is in an air conditioned house, the temperature is higher in the summer (electricity costs money) so I figured the heat was the knock out punch. I don't know where the live buffer is located but toward the end of the copy process I had some parts of the drive with lots and lots of read errors. I had to put the EHD on an ice pack with a cpu fan blowing into the case - a MyBook - to ever get the drive copied. But so far everything is okay. btw - I live in Alabama so we experience the heat that the east coast is feeling now.

I am having the same issues right now. It also stopped recording a couple days back. Will try your suggestion and let you know. At least you now have company.

Most likely, my issue is the hard drive. It does run hot and it is inside an entertainment center. The shelf it sits on is about 90 degrees, but the HD is inside an enclosure I picked up at Fry's Electronics. The HD was a warranty replacement, so it probably started off with one foot in the grave. Guess I'll spend some real money and do this right. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)