211k - is there a noticeable lag between HDMI and composite outputs?

seenett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Eugene, Oregon, United States
I hope this is an easy question. I use a 211k for tailgating at football games. No problem running HDMI between the 211k and the TV, but I just purchased a stand-alone amplified Pyle speaker for sound (internal TV speakers can't quite cut it in the parking lot!). The Pyle only has RCA composite inputs, and my TV only has a digital audio output. One solution would be to get a digital to analog converter from the TV to the Pyle, the other solution is to just use the 211k's RCA composite outputs directly to the Pyle.

Would there be a noticeable lag between the HDMI video and the composite audio if I ran it this way? I'd set it up to check, but my 211k DIED yesterday and DISH is sending me a new one. Thanks!

Yes it works. I had a 211K hooked to the TV with HDMI and the sound hooked to a sound bar by the RCA outputs.

Today's TVs have a delay from the time they receive the video signal, until the time it appears on the screen, often 50-100 ms. This delay is caused by video processing. Some TVs take longer than others. You definitely will have a lip sync issue, which would be anything over 22 ms. It's just a matter of how much. Most TVs have an analog out put to go to a stereo amplifier, but it sounds like from your description, yours does not. If you are tailgating with just football games running on the TV, it probably won't be much of an issue, because they rarely cut to the announcer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)