211k jerky video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bonnjer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
The VIP211k unit that I have in my bedroom is having an issue with jerky video. It started this morning after working fine last night. Been having this box since September or so. I tried rebooting it with the button on the front. Same issue. I went through a couple of other menu screens and exited out of that...it fixed the problem for about 45 minutes. Doing it again now. When you go to the guide, the in screen video box is running just fine. Any ideas on this one guys? Thanks!

I'm having the same issue with my VIP722. In the past changing channels and going back to the channel I was watching fixed the issue but last night that didn't work. We ended up watching a jerky movie, very annoying.

Mine used to do that sometimes. Usually changing the receiver resolution would fix it, so I'd jump from 720 to 1080. Rebooting also used to clear it up for me.

I haven't seen it happen since adding the hard drive feature last year.

Unplug your unit from the wall for 1/2 hour. Plug it back in and see if that doesn't resolve the issue. BTW, Dish recommends that their receivers NOT be plugged into a surge suppressor but rather be plugged into a wall socket...

After posting last night, I tried another reboot with the front button. For some reason, that seems to have cleared it up. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

By the way, how do you change the receiver resolution? I'd like to try that just in case this pops up again.

Ocassionally, I have had the same problem. Both of the methods posted here fix the problem. I have found that going into the setup screen and changing the output resolution from 1080i to something else, and then back to 1080i is easier and quicker than waiting for the receiver to reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)