211K vs Wally, which uses less power?

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
I just bought a newer smaller RV and want to do some Boondocking. Which uses less electricity? I already have the 211K (owned) but the Wally has a smaller footprint (so I've read) which is an advantage. Planning on getting the Wingard 7000 (never going to have 2 TVs).

I just bought a newer smaller RV and want to do some Boondocking. Which uses less electricity? I already have the 211K (owned) but the Wally has a smaller footprint (so I've read) which is an advantage. Planning on getting the Wingard 7000 (never going to have 2 TVs).
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but as I recall the Wally draws less power than the 211K. Instead of the Winegard PL-7000 dish, I recommend the Pathway X2. It has a slightly larger dish and is capable of receiving both arcs in full for more aiming opportunities.

Ok, after a little searching around, it looks like the Wally pulls about 8 watts, and the 211k about 20 watts.

It’s all listed on this link broken down by receiver model. If you go with a 211z it’s even less power usage.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
But the ViP 211 will keep you warm on a cold night.:D I always had to keep it clear by a few inches (no DVD case casually tossed on top) because it runs warm. Even though there’s no hard drive to kill inside, my one 211 cooked a capacitor which caused all sorts of flakiness and eventually caused it to die.

On a limited electrical budget, 8 << 20. Though I’m not sure how the power supplied to a tracking dish system like the Pathway affects those numbers…

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)