211k x 4? Possible? Suggestions?

wassupTC

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
When we initially were installed for Dish we had two HDTVs. Our install included a Dish 1000.2 and we had a VIP222 and a VIP722 setup.

We now own four HDTVs and I would like to be able to take advantage of the picture quality on all of the TVs as opposed to just two.

My thought is to dump my two dual tuner receivers and have Dish come out and set me up with four 211k receivers. I can set each up with an EHD to add DVR capabilities and lose the DVR fee.

Two questions:
1. Is it possible to have four 211k receivers on my account?
2. Does anybody have any better recommendations than what I've proposed?

One last question: any idea how much all of this will cost to have installed?

Thanks in advance! TC

I would have to say a lot would depend on how long you have been a customer and your payment history as to wether or not you would qualify for dishin it up. I believe a dpp44 switch would be the best bet either with the 1000.2 lnb or a w-bracket and three duals. four 211's have been done before, as far as cost probably if you sign up for the service plan 15 dollars more than likely. I hope MattG see's this and can give you definates from his end.

I hope MattG see's this and can give you definates from his end.

He senses my presence....

Max number of leased tuners (TV's that receiver can handle) on an account is 6 (3 can be HD before you have to purchase). So you can lease 3 211's, and buy 1 211 to have the four on your account. If you don't want to buy one, maybe even look at mirroring one of the 211's to save $7/month and the cost of the purchased receiver.

Max number of leased tuners (TV's that receiver can handle) on an account is 6 (3 can be HD before you have to purchase). So you can lease 3 211's, and buy 1 211 to have the four on your account. If you don't want to buy one, maybe even look at mirroring one of the 211's to save $7/month and the cost of the purchased receiver.

Thanks for the responses, all. What is mirroring? Using different outputs from the receiver to feed two TVs?

I've been a customer for a while. We began service in 2007 (?). I know for certain that we are out of the two-year commitment that we entered into at the time of the installation. I called into Customer Service a little while back and the CSR said that I would be able to add two 211k's and return my 222 and that I could pay $95 for the installation and as long as I signed up for the insurance/protection package for 6 (?) months that the installation fee would be the only cost. I, of course, would need to sign up for a new two-year agreement, but I figured that anyway.

Am I somewhere close?

If I chose to go with four receivers would the technician install a different Dish and then provide the four receivers and include the cost of purchasing the new receiver on the next month's bill? Just trying to explore some options, and as always, this is the best place to float them out into cyberspace and get good answers. Thanks again!

Speedy Gonzales...One of my favorite Looney Tunes characters......in this order.....Bugs Bunny, Fog Horn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Speedy.
On the tech front....There is now (you probably know this) A D 1000+ LNB which is DPP.....NO switch needed.
In my experience, I had never installed a DPP 44 with a 1000.2 or .4...I am curious if the use of a DPP 44 would create problems.

Thanks for the responses, all. What is mirroring? Using different outputs from the receiver to feed two TVs?

That's exactly what it is. So you would have 2 TV's running off 1 211 (all outputs work simultaneously). The tech visit would include any switches/LNB's/dish upgrades that are needed. Your dish may need to be changed,but since you have an HD receiver now, chances are you'll just need the switch (DPP44 or DP34 would work).

The Service Plan you have to keep for 150 days (5 months), then it's free to remove. If you remove within 150 days, it's a one time $25 fee to cancel it

In my experience, I had never installed a DPP 44 with a 1000.2 or .4...I am curious if the use of a DPP 44 would create problems.

I've seen numerous installs with DPP Triple LNB's and 44 switches, but it shouldn't cause any out of the ordinary issues.

The only issue I see is being able to get a 44 switch on the initial work order. If the amount of receivers or orbital locations don't require a 44 switch, it takes an act of Congress to get one added at no charge.

The only issue I see is being able to get a 44 switch on the initial work order. If the amount of receivers or orbital locations don't require a 44 switch, it takes an act of Congress to get one added at no charge.

Ideally, it would be added on automatically. However, a call through DASH to the WOM (work order mod) team should be able to get it done relatively fast.

I can always add it on if needed as well.

OK, I *think* I have just two more questions:

1. How much would I be charged for the fourth receiver? I found a list price of $200, but retailers sell it for closer to $120 and if it will be $200 from Dish, can I just buy it on my own and have it sitting there waiting for the technician to install it when he/she arrives?
2. How do I make sure I get a 44 switch on my work order when I finally decide to move forward (likely a few months from now)?

Thank you once again for all of your help! TC

Hypothetically speaking, lets say the OP doesn't want to renew for another two years (like I said, hypothetically). Would it be possible for him to return the leased receivers and buy all the gear?

Just would like to know if in theory is possible.

Tyralak said:

I add 44sw to the wo all of the time. I just call dash and add it. Takes about 5 min.

Dishcomm, to use a 44sw on a wa set up, two options arise. 3 duals and a w bracket and 3 lines to the switch or 3 lines from a k2 to the switch.
For an ea set up, 3 lines are needed. As a matter of fact, most of my k4 installs call for a 44switch. Either option will work just fine.

To the op, when you call to set everything up, ensure to tell them a 44sw will be required since your intentions are to install 4 rcvrs.

Hypothetically speaking, lets say the OP doesn't want to renew for another two years (like I said, hypothetically). Would it be possible for him to return the leased receivers and buy all the gear?

He could return his leased equipment and purchase it all, the two year agreement allows customers to take advantage of special pricing, or discounts if new customer, etc.. If he purchased all his equipment and activated it there wouldn't be another two year contract involved.

I've been a customer for a while. We began service in 2007 (?). I know for certain that we are out of the two-year commitment that we entered into at the time of the installation. I called into Customer Service a little while back and the CSR said that I would be able to add two 211k's and return my 222 and that I could pay $95 for the installation and as long as I signed up for the insurance/protection package for 6 (?) months that the installation fee would be the only cost. I, of course, would need to sign up for a new two-year agreement, but I figured that anyway.

Am I somewhere close?

If I chose to go with four receivers would the technician install a different Dish and then provide the four receivers and include the cost of purchasing the new receiver on the next month's bill? Just trying to explore some options, and as always, this is the best place to float them out into cyberspace and get good answers. Thanks again!

If you can live with SD on 1 HDTV this is your cheapest option. Keep the 722 it does incur the $6 DVR fee but saves the $7 additional receiver fee. The 1000.2 already has 3 outputs so no DPP44 would be needed, and a 4th receiver wouldn't have to be purchased.

OK, I *think* I have just two more questions:

1. How much would I be charged for the fourth receiver? I found a list price of $200, but retailers sell it for closer to $120 and if it will be $200 from Dish, can I just buy it on my own and have it sitting there waiting for the technician to install it when he/she arrives?
2. How do I make sure I get a 44 switch on my work order when I finally decide to move forward (likely a few months from now)?
Thank you once again for all of your help! TC

1) I think they run $149 if you buy it from us
2) The tech who installs would be able to add one to the w/o if it's not already there (takes a phone call through DASH to the WOM team).

Yes it is (I know Tommy already answered).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)