222/222k Receiver Available Again

You need to mix with a different group of people.

I'm just talking from my experience being in retail and selling Dish for for over 10 years. Maybe it has to do with me being in Iowa and a lot of people spend more time working and doing things outdoors than watching TV.

Reactions: Troch77
Hell, many times when I get trouble calls they don't even realize that there is a receiver connected to their TV. They know they pay for TV service and that someone hooked it up for them.

Yep, that's the kind of people who need service calls the most. Don't know an HDMI from a coax. That doesn't mean they are representative of the general population.

Yep, that's the kind of people who need service calls the most. Don't know an HDMI from a coax. That doesn't mean they are representative of the general population.

Do you think the general population know the difference in cables or even know how their TV is hooked up? I'm not talking the main person of the household, I'm talking all people.

Do you think the general population know the difference in cables or even know how their TV is hooked up? I'm not talking the main person of the household, I'm talking all people.

Probably not, but I don't think that it changes much when they reach 70. I live in and among older folks in RV parks around the country. Most are quite aware of when a program is not in HD. I've also been surprised by how many also use Apple TV, Roku, and such to complement their satellite service. And, streaming video has brought many RV park wifi systems to failure.

You point is well taken. I just think you can't generalize about the age group. Many seniors were in on the ground floor of the digital age and are a lot more saavy than you might think.

I see what you're saying. There's really only one reason Dish even allows any receiver to be on a Hopper account and that's to keep RV customers happy. It's not meant to be hooked up in any other homes so it makes no sense for Dish to allow a 222 receiver.

May be, but I can tell you that when I upgraded to my Ho's/Jo's, the E* sent installer had NO problem putting in a DPP44 at NO extra cost, JUST so that I could (also) connect my 211 in my house as well.
I GUARANTEE you I'm far from the only person that has done this as well... ;)

May be, but I can tell you that when I upgraded to my Ho's/Jo's, the E* sent installer had NO problem putting in a DPP44 at NO extra cost, JUST so that I could (also) connect my 211 in my house as well.
This is true, They have no issues sending a tech to install such.

I was going to have them do it for my install, except I didn't have the 211 until a Month after.
So I did it myself.
But they were going to put it on the work order, Except they wanted to charge $199 for the 211.

But they stated they would install it at no charge if I had it at the time of Install.
Which I did not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Very, very, very few people would have that set up though. I know you're not the only person who has that, there are a few members here that have it that way.

Very, very, very few people would have that set up though. I know you're not the only person who has that, there are a few members here that have it that way.
Again though that's Dish networks own fault.
Dish has ,"Like it or not " ill equipped recommended setups that it's CSRs push.

Had people been properly informed, we would have had a Better option then a 3 or 5 Tuner setup for 3+ rooms.
At room 3 They should have pushed Super Joey or even 2 Hoppers, and should have kept the $7 fee.
Most people don't want to watch what they are recording at the same time.

Good Thing for the 16 Tuner Hopper, Only problem is I think that bad taste of recording conflicts has already done it's damage.

Again though that's Dish networks own fault.
Dish has ,"Like it or not " ill equipped recommended setups that it's CSRs push.

Had people been properly informed, we would have had a Better option then a 3 or 5 Tuner setup for 3+ rooms.
At room 3 They should have pushed Super Joey or even 2 Hoppers, and should have kept the $7 fee.
Most people don't want to watch what they are recording at the same time.

Good Thing for the 16 Tuner Hopper, Only problem is I think that bad taste of recording conflicts has already done it's damage.

I'm not sure Dish was prepared for what happened after the Hopper was released. I honestly think they thought the system they released was going to be the answer. It would have been best to start with a 5 or 6 tuner system.

As for mixing other receivers with the Hopper system, I understand it. It would have been a mess for customers and techs with a mixed install. Customers would be more confused with didfferent equipment and it would have made for more trouble calls.

Why not? To a 322 it's a great upgrade. Not everyone wants the Hopper system. The 222 still has great value to a lot of customers.
The 222k is also a great option for those who want to downgrade from a 722k to eliminate the DVR fee, but still want to continue using the MT2 OTA module. I am glad this option is returning.

My Hopper is hooked up through a DPP44. The other outputs from the DPP44 go to a deactivated 501 and a deactivated 512, both of which still allow me to watch and record free preview channels (just not as many on the 501 since the 8PSK conversion) and still work to watch what I had already recorded on them. I already had the DPP44 and had already ran the cables to the older receivers before the installer hooked up the Hopper.

You don't look a day over 70, am I right? :biggrin
I don't know, you tell me! :)

IMG_0187.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts