22K and diseqc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
The following works perfect:

Code:
receiver - manual switch - coax 1 - DMSI diseqc to 4 standard lnbs
                         - coax 2 - BSC621-2 (only using C-Band side)
Now I replace the manual switch with a DMSI SW-21K. Coax 2 (22K tone ON) now works fine but coax 1 (tone OFF) does not respond on any of the ports from the diseqc switch. There is signal, but no quality at all.

Pondering possibilities - inserting the 22K switch attenuates the signal more than the manual switch, or perhaps the 22K is not passing diseqc commands up the line? If the latter then I would expect at least port 1 to work, but it does not.

Is this theoretically a legal position for a 22K switch?

22k switches (except for the ecoda switch and one spaun switch) will not not properly pass the diseqc commands upstream to your diseqc switches. This is a known issue. You may buy an ecoda switch which will pass commands upstream though.

buy a few ecoda 22k switches...that solves the problem

I'm running 8 LNB's using 2 4x1 diseqcs and a 22k ecoda switch. Works like a charm :)

Doesn't thatC/Ku LNB involve 22k switching right off the bat? I'm not sure if you can use a 22k switch in line with that LNB. It could cause problems.

You may want just a dedicated line for that hookup. Maybe use an A/B switch which isn't affected by the 22k switching. Just my thoughts. I know you said you we're doing C-band only but it's worth a try.

EDIT: If you choose only the C-band side, then there shouldn't be a problem. Use an ecoda in place of a manual switch. Make sure the 22k off side is set for your C-band LNB and 22k "on" for your Ku LNBs.

techno

It doesnt matter what side he uses for the 22k since its C-Band only

The 22k tone from the ecoda switch will send the signal to the 621-2 and as long as he only has the C-Band connection hooked up it will work fine :)

Thx for all the feedback.

FWIW I have found that as long as I indicate the BSC621 is on port 1 for C-band and port 2 is available for Ku it does not seem to matter what diseqc switch is involved, the inbuilt in the lnb or an external. C band comes through as long as it is on port 1.

I put the 22K on the other side of the diseqc switch and have the same effect. I now have 2 lnbs on one dish fetching AMC5 and 6 feeding into the same port on a diseqc switch.

Perfect, but not quite. With so many switches outside I really need to build a nice waterproof shed just for the switches. Winter is coming. Any retailers doing a nice plastic casing that will allow switches to be mounted cleanly and dryly out of the snow and cr?p?

The C-Band side is normal. The 621-2 has an internal switch (C-Band diseqc 1 KU diseqc 2) but you can remove the jumper wire and run 2 separate lines to a Diseqc.

So if he runs the cable form the C-Band output to the 22k side, he is bypassing KU completelly

If there are 2 22k switches in line it only recognizes the first one. I have a line from my 75e Starchoice dish (with built in 22k) to a 4x1 diseqc which is attached to a ecoda switch. The diseqc only recognizes the 0k side on the Starchoice LNB because the ecoda switch is the first 22k switch in line :)

Doesn't that LNB work like a Universal LNB? Maybe it's different. I've never used it so I don't know, just assuming.
The BSC621 is standard, so the bsc621-2 is the universal one. That means that the 621-2 uses diseqc instead of 22k for switching since the universal (621-2) requires the 22k tone for enabling the additional mhz that a universal lnbf achieves over a standard lnbf.

If you bypass the internal diseqc or 22k switch on one of these lnbfs and just connect to the c-band side, then it really doesnt matter which type of switching mechanism is used (since the switching mechanism is bypassed).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts