22khz loss?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
when i have my receiver hooked up next to my dish the 22kzh works and i get ku and c when im inside i olny get c band my cable run is 200 foot do you think the 22kzh signal cant reach that far or is it because im uisng r-59?

RG59 hands down

My receiver in the computer room has a 4x1 diseqc and a couple 22k switches set up and it runs approx 175 feet...no loss

thats using good RG6 cable

Im selling my 4DTV on ebay. It was a pain it the but waiting to move sat-to-sat to watch 2 channels then waitng to flip to another. Im still keeping my BUD. I can get Nat Geo and Fox News ITC on Galaxy 17 (though it shows its scrambled on lyngsat.. huh). Nat Geo has alot of intresting stuff on it. If i get bored I watch the news! I also have a ton of spare c and ku lnbs and feedhorns im selling on there too. My ebay name is pizzataco.

Anyway Im using RG-59U So Im guessing the U is for Ultra? I cant get G-17 at 90% outside and 87% inside so my loss isnt that low. I always thought RG-6 was only used for Dish Networks Dishpro LNBS

From my days in HAM radio and TV antenna installation, 75 CM Band (440-480 MHZ) and TV UHF channel 20 (512 MHZ) were the highest frequencies to use RG59U. Too much loss above those, so Way too much loss for use between the LNB and the satellite receiver. It will work fine between the satellite receiver and the TV on channel 3 or 4 (VHF).

In SeaTac, a 50 foot run of RG59U would get Ch.20 fine but not Ch.42, while an uncut 100 foot piece of RG6 got both very well. So, I also am surprised you were able to get anything on RG59.

Spend the $$ and get some decent cable for your runs! RG6 and RG6/quad are what you need, get good compression connectors too. Using RG59 for a satellite run is like towing a car with clothesline, it may work sometimes.....

It's hard to send the IF signals from an lnb down RG-59. 950-1450 is very lossy on RG-59.
I remember even when my house was wired with RG-59 for the off air antenna how crappy uhf tv reception was. When I changed it to RG-11 from the antenna then to RG-6 from the splitter it was so much better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)