This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

22khz switch problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I am toying with a 22khz switch, Chiefta brand. It seems to hang when swapping back and forth and I have to turn off the reciever and back on for everything to get kosher.

Is this a bad switch? or does my reciever not know how to properly handle the switch?

I assume you have it set up properly in your reicevers setup

dish with 22k side needs to be set to "22k" or "ON"...the other is set to off or "0K"

I have an unknown cheapo ebay LNB, I have it set up as a standard, 10700 but I just got a Sadoun standard LNB to replace it with. Do you think that is what's causing my problem??

I also got an Invacom quad today as well, that thing is HUGE! Now I await my motor.

edit: The switch says "Toneburst" on it, does that change any way the switch operates?

Last edited:
If it is a Universal that you had, you can't use it with a 22k switch since the LNB has one built in. It will work with standard LNB's

LO for standard is 10750

If you are using the Standard Sadoun LNBF that will not be the problem. I am sure its just a typo but the L.O. should be 10750

Same with the linear side of your NEW Invacom (10750)

PSB...he has a no name LNB and is changing it to a Sadoun
I have a feeling the no name lNB is a Universal

I'll change it in the morning when I get home... and I'll let you guys know

Thanks!

And yes, it was a typo, 10750 (Well, I typed what my mind was thinking, but my setup on the dish was right)

Alrighty then.. I replaced the junk LNB with the Invacom

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

I gained about 10% signal strength and no longer have that switching problem

I wonder if the LNB was floating freq.?

One definately needs quality equipment.

Now, when that motor gets here, I'm gonna have fun!

Status
Please reply by conversation.