24 canceled

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
FOX: "24" Canceled
Fri Mar 26, 6:38 PM PDT

Jack Bauer's latest rough day will be his last on TV.

FOX drama "24" will conclude with its current eighth season, star Mary Lynn Rajskub Tweeted on Friday, breaking the news.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Kiefer Sutherland

"Just found out we got the word officially," she Tweeted. "This is 24's last season."

FOX later confirmed the news, calling it a joint decision between "24" star and executive producer, Kiefer Sutherland, and showrunner Howard Gordon.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Primetime Hunks

"This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible," Kiefer said in a statement to Access Hollywood. "While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted '24' to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon. This feels like the culmination of all our efforts from the writers to the actors to our fantastic crew and everyone at FOX."

The star added that a feature film based on the show is in development.

The series finale of "24" will air on Monday, May 24.

Considering that I am having a hard time staying engaged with this season, I think 8 years is a good run. To go further would seriously risk jumping the shark.

To me they could have ended a couple of years back. I was a hugh 24 fan but the last couple of season have been repeats of the previous season, Jacks out of the game and doesn't wanna be part of whats going on, they need him and he is forced to get involved. Then he gets captured and is beaten to a pulp. He dramatically escapes just in time to save the day.

i lost interest during season six when kim raver was rescued from china. i think i didn't watch the last 5 or 6 episodes and nothing since. the year lost to the writers strike didn't help either. it was good in its prime but its time to move on.

6 was the worst season by far. But season 7 came back strong. I was impressed. This is not the best season, but it isn't bad.

Considering that I am having a hard time staying engaged with this season, I think 8 years is a good run. To go further would seriously risk jumping the shark.

Well, they definitely Jumped the Shark last night.

I'm enjoying it but it took about 5 hours before it was up to speed.

Chloe will get killed and so will Jack, finally. That's how they should end it once and for all.

Not sure about a movie but they could wrap the series with one final movie and kill everyone off that way.

Or, they could pull a Star Trek and just make movie sequels for a few years. Would Jack be up to that? Probably as good as Captain Kirk. Would Keifer be up to that? Probably as good as William Shatner. :)

I had always assumed that the show would end with Jack dying, but with this talk of a movie I don't see it happening. I kinda wish it would as it would be fitting. Was kinda surprised with the kill off of Renee this past week, but I guess I shouldn't be as they always kill of someone you don't want to die...

Wild idea that Keifer would never accept- Jack Bauer is wounded by his own CTU, after short recovery, he stands trial for treason and is executed for that and war crimes.

Well, he has already been in front of congress for crimes once (the beginning of season 7 after the "Redemption" movie). That didn't go much of anywhere and felt like it was stolen directly out of a Brad Thor novel.

I really think he has to die to get closure. I just can't see "Jack" growing old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts