24" dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerbear

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
If I order Voom will they guaranty a 24" dish and getting local channels?
Jerbear

Your local channels are not received by the dish. they are received by OTA antenna, which is included in your installation. As for the 24-inch dish you may request a larger dish. Accroding to a post on this broad, Voom will install a larger dish if your in an area that experiences a lot of rain fade; otherwise' you will have to request after your install.

No, your locals are not guaranteed and a 24" dish is if you live in the right area and request it ahead of time. If your towers for locals are distant, like more than 40 miles, you should start requesting a larger antenna or buy your own now before they show up.

The above posters have already given you the correct...

info on the sat & OTA antenna. I just add this comment as I grew up with the advent of OTA analog TV. Getting the stations in Olympia from Seattle (the only ones available at the time) was a pain. We ended up getting a big antenna and a rotor and were in business.

However, the lay of terrain greatly influences reception. If you have a hill or hills between you and the towers you are not likely to get OTA from that direction(s). I would imagine that a big source or RFI in your neighboor could affect the digital signal as well.

That said we love VOOM. HDTV is simply awesome!

Watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

I would imagine that a big source or RFI in your neighboor could affect the digital signal as well.

Tried to do V* install at an Large Air Force Base. Clear line of sight, but no bird to be found. But it was kind of fun watching the meter light up as the radar swept by. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts