24 " Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Foyd Zimmerman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Dish installed a 24" dish to correct the problem with the 129 satellite. I'M getting great ss strength on all the tp's. Anyone living in the Pacific N.W. and is experiencing signal loss on the 129 satellite contact Dish and request a 24 " dish. This was done without and service charge. Also the installer disconnected the power inserter. He said that on the vip 211 that the power inserter may create a problem with the receiver. Anyway it is working great. I want to the Dish Network for fixing this problem. It was a hassle for the past six months.
Floyd

1) who was the installer ?
2) can you post a photo of the dish ?
3) power inserter have nothing to any problem in the ViP211.
4) what switch matrix screen tell about the dish config ?
5) your city is ? or ZIP code ?
6) what exactly SS on each tpn of 129W ?

I have been talking with dish for over an hour trying to get someone to install a bigger dish for my 129 signal. I currently have 2 dish 500's. I have 1 dedicated to 129 and the other to 110/119. I am constantly losing my 129 pictures (ever 5-10 minutes) I have talked to 3 people at dish and nobody knows anything about a 24 inch dish. Can someone please help me get this. Now they are saying I will have to pay for the dish if I want it.

I've also had persistent reception problems with our D1000. I hope this is true, it would signal a remarkable shift in Dish attitude towards it's PNW HD subscribers.

24" dish

I live near Seattle and signed up for Platinum HD about a month ago. The installer put up a 24" dish in addition to my Dish 500. I had the old HD package for about 3 years. He said the larger dish was necessary because the PNW was out of the footprint of the 129 satellite. I also got the VIP622, which seems to be working fine.

P Smith,

Like billkmg, I had the 24" dish installed when I upgraded to the 622. The DNSC installer was out of Bremerton, WA which is the larger city on this side of the bay. It has helped my signal for the Rave, Monsters, 3rd channel (I can't remember) that were dropping out every 20 minutes with a 500 Dish and I bracket. The LNB is a Dual that does have a label LN stuck on the main label. With the DPP 44, the switch matrix reports DP quad, DP quad and DP dual. Nothing special is reported about the config. If I had power, I could check the SS for the 129. I have previously posted some pictures of the larger dish next to my existing Dish 500 (110, 119). Hopefully they are still on the roof after yesterday's wind storm. My zip is 98383, by the way.

mmdieter,
Sorry about the delay.Had a hugh wind storm and was without power. I e mailed dish tech and told them that at the end of my commitment was going to discontinue service. I received a quick response and was told that an installer would come and see what the problem was. That is when he installed the 24" dish.The installer was a local from Astoria, OR. Here are the ss strength on the 129 satellite and the fowling tp at 4pm on 12/16/2006. Tp 1-79, tp-2-75, tp 4-89, tp 5-81, tp 6-71, tp 7-78, tp 8-82,tp 9-88, tp 10-84, tp 11-77, tp 12-84, tp 13-88, tp 16-76, tp 17-79, tp 18-69, tp 19-92, tp 21-76, tp 22-72, tp27-80, tp30 87, tp 31-94 & tp32-71.
Floyd

Can anyone tell me the "before and after" for a particular transponder (any transponder) signal strength - i.e. what it is with the 24-inch dish and what it was with the smaller dish ?

I'm here in SoCal and my SS on 129 is around 75 on average on a Dish1000. My 110 is around 85-87 average, and my 119 is 95 average. I will have to check when we get some cloud cover. I've tried to tweak as much as possible and can't pull any more from the 129. I'm just worried about heavy cloud cover. However, living in the desert that is a rare occurance.

There was a long thread about 129W, ppl posted a lot of data. Check similar thread at DBSTalk too.

Those threads don't have 24-inch dish readings.

I was just looking for someone who compared a 24-inch signal strengths with strengths from a previous smaller or more common dish. And I'm just looking for a rough figure - I don't need exact readings.

Received E mail from Dish and was instructed to reconnect the power inserter. could loose signal strength if not reconnected. Bad advice from installer.
Floyd

Dish 129 run around

I have been talking with dish for over an hour trying to get someone to install a bigger dish for my 129 signal. I currently have 2 dish 500's. I have 1 dedicated to 129 and the other to 110/119. I am constantly losing my 129 pictures (ever 5-10 minutes) I have talked to 3 people at dish and nobody knows anything about a 24 inch dish. Can someone please help me get this. Now they are saying I will have to pay for the dish if I want it.

I went throught the same run around. Just ordered my own 24 inch Winegard Antenna, will install and tune it. Once it is working I will send the Bill to Mr. Charlie (CEO) return receipt requested. Everyone gets a different story from dish technical even tho their (I-Satellite) group (owned by Echo Star) out of Utah wrote the work order up but I might just as well throw it in the waste basket as they won't even answer my e-mail. Was able to get 129 TP-31 to 88 on the meter today.

Larry Oregon
Lets class action the Charlie chat for fixes/refunds on the 129??http://www.satelliteguys.us/images/icons/icon8.gif

RE: 129 & 24" dish

Just ran across your post regarding signal strength on a 24" compared to the regular pie plate. N of Seattle here it gained me about 10 points.

Recently had it adjusted because we're at the edge of the footprint. Readings are generally now around 75-80, but about every 30 minutes or so the signal now drops to about 40 with some pixelations and brief picture loss.
That's the best its been since upgrading for National Geographic Channel last June.

How is it for you? You're much further South...I didn't know that your area was susceptible to drop-outs.

Bruce

Getting the 24 inch dish increased my signal strength by 10%-15%. Without a full listing of what I was getting I'll use TP31 as an example. Previously with 500 the max strength I'd seen was 81. With the 24 inch dish it is usually around 94 and I've seen it peak higher. You will still see disruptions on the weaker TP's when the signal drops but much less frequently.

I had called the technical support people at least 1 time per month for at least 6 months. After they denied on the last call after I carefully explained that the 24 inch dish was the accepted solution for the PNW I politely requested they note my request and advised the rep I would contact CEO. I sent an email the next day and received a phone call back several hours later and made all the arrangements right then. There was no charge and I was very happy with the install. Be sure to include your account number and contact info when you do the email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts