24" StarChoice dish and G10R?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

suibuliu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi
Recently I have set up a 30" dish and received 3 CCTV channels from G3C (with help from Iceberg, Thanks!), but after a couple days, it is getting boring, since there are only 3 FTA channels on G3C and I did not buy a motor (a bad decision).

Since the CCTV channels are for parents, so I have to keep them, and I want to do some experiments... so here are the questions:

A friend of mine gave me his StarChoice 24" dish, a dual LNBF, and a GE DSR400 receiver. I know the receiver is pretty much useless. But I am wondering if I can use the 24" dish and the LNBF to receive any channels from G10R (or G3C for that matter, then I can use the 30" dish to get channels from G10R).

Is 24" too small? Or, which channels on which sat's I can get from this 24" dish? I am in Canada, and it seems to me I can get 46-47dB from G10R, is this good?

Thanks!

Suibu

Its probably big enough to get the CCTV channels on G3.. those are pretty strong transponders..

You would most likely be able to get 12114 V 4444 on G10R as well, since thats a really strong TP as well..

11720 wouldnt do that great on a 24.. I only get 40% on my 31 as it is ;)

Thanks ultatryon!
If the 24" dish can pick up CCTV channels from G3, then I can use the 30" to receive G10R, as long as the parents have CCTV, I can watch others. :)

I will try it as soon as the rain stops!

Suibu

ultatryon,
I successfully connect to G3R using the 24" StarChoice dish and the dual LNBF that was attached to the dish. As you said, the signals on G3R are quite strong.

I then re-direct my 30" dish to G10, and got quite a lot channels, although some of then are duplicated. I am happy, and I have learned to change the freq settings for a tp, then got more channels than I could from the factory settings!

Thanks!

Suibu

what kind of quality are you getting on G3R with that 24" dish? just curious... I dont really have anything that size to try myself

I think 60 maybe? the yellow bar is a little more than half way. The 30" dish gave me almost full yellow bar.

But I think the image quality is very good, I dont see jetted lines, no jumpy images, I don't see any differences between the images from 24" dish and 30"...

but of course I am not used to "excellent" picture quality myself, before this FTA experience, I did not even subscribe local cable...

I think I should change my 60% figure... I noticed that the signal from G3 was not stable so I took a look at the dish and the elvation was set to 27 (should be 28.9 for my place), and I ajusted it to 29, now I got 100% quality -- full yellow bar.

so it is really strong. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)