24" Winegard (Bell) for 129 in Pacific NW advice please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

f13dfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Anyone living in Blaine, Point Roberts or Bellingham (WA) that is using a 24" dish for 129°?

I have a 622 HD-PVR and would hate any picture loss caused by signal dropouts since my wife records network shows such as Prison Break, Ugly Betty, Heroes, etc.

I'm really not in a position to mount a 30" Winegard; it's too big. :(

I've been told...

by DISH installers that a 24" in Blaine will still experience dropouts frequently...2x an hour lasting 3-6 minutes each.

Go with the 30", Directv, or wait till the new bird is up. Those are your options!

A couple of weeks ago, I had HughesNet satellite internet installed in Blaine.

I asked the installer about Dish Network TV.

He said that his company uses 30 inch dishes for sat 129 in Blaine.

I've had a 30 inch dish in Seattle since just a few weeks after 129 became available, and have never had a dropout.

Thanks for all your contributions.

I'm gonna go with the 30" Winegard, no matter what my wife says!!! :devil:

Anyone living in Blaine, Point Roberts or Bellingham (WA) that is using a 24" dish for 129°?

I have a 622 HD-PVR and would hate any picture loss caused by signal dropouts since my wife records network shows such as Prison Break, Ugly Betty, Heroes, etc.

I'm really not in a position to mount a 30" Winegard; it's too big. :(

The HD networks are on 110 not 129, you won't have any probs with them. If 129 is replaced on time you definitely wont need the 30 inch, you wouldn't even need the 24 inch anymore.

I don't know about Blaine, but a properly aimed 24" 129 dish with LN lnb in the Seattle area or south, has very few if any drop outs anymore.

Brad

RE: 110...

The Seattle HDs are on the 110. 99% of the rest of the national HD is on 129...and you'll need the 30" dish to prevent drop-outs in Blaine...I should say lessen the drop-outs!

I should point out that we like to view certain network shows 3 hours early, thus the need for 129. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts