269 is great..but I lost an OTA!!

811Sucks

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 13, 2004
269 helped the dark video issue. It does look better now and I'm very happy for it. But, its killed my OTA of WABC here in NY.

I live in Long Island and used to get WABC at 80% rock solid. Right after getting the 269 I'm down to 59-60% and choppy video. The weird thing is..my other OTA's are all rock solid and haven't changed.

How in the world could the 269 just kill one channel???

I was Wrong!

Several days ago I reported that I was losing a digital channel due to remapping problems with my OTA. Well -- I guess they fixed it - the mapping now seems to hold properly, and I have the OTA digital channel back!! Thanks E*!

Craig

strange problem with ABC

The transmit no. for Philly OTA ABC is 64. The channel number is 6. When I do a scan for digital it finds it and locks with the channel no. as 6. When I select it watch for a few seconds then hit the guide button, the guide gets scewed up for a moment then channel 6 is NOW 64. Then I have to go to Channel 64 to see ABC. It did this 4 times. I just left it there. It was nice to have my local channels 3, 6, and 10 from Dish and OTA close to one another to see what was on the locals. I think ABC must be changing things around. Anyone else with this problem??

joeadt

Hi all!

Our PBS in Sacramento is ch. 6. When I select one of the 4 channels offered, 6.1 - 6.4 it changes to 53 when I check on my guide. Works OK though. :)

I thought I was going off the deep end.

Note: When I lived in the area 6 was WFIL.

I have the same issue with KQED in SF. 9.1-9.5 are usually OK. But, after 8pm, if I choose one of them, the channel numbers revert to their actual frequencies 30.1-30.5.
8pm is when they begin their HD broadcasts. I think that has something to do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts