269 is here, dark picture problem fixed!

Welll time for the flood of 269 comments. Well lets get things started.

1) Is Channel Recall fixed? Can you recall from OTA to Dish channels.
2) Is dark video truely fixed?
4) Acquiring Signal. Guide Data Issues.
5) Is locals mapped on OTA.
6) Dish Home Support?

Any other enhancements or bug fixes here... Well lets hope the Dark Video is behind us and just in time for the olympics.

Can you zoom on a HD 4x3 image on svideo yet? (taping upconverted HD stuff (reality shows, etc) via svideo/composite from OTA tuner has black borders on top, bottom, left, and right). :(

I haven't received yet, so I believe it is only going out to certain 811s. Looking at the DishNetwork site, it doesn't show 269 yet. That leads me to believe it's in the Beta stage (aren't they all :) ). I'm hoping for some good fixes for a change.

Ok, I got it...

1) recall between OTA and satellite now works
2) There is now zoom modes over the SD output. Page UP changes HD output zoom modes, Page DOWN changes zoom mode on SD output. You can now zoom HD and OTA digital to full screen on the SD outputs.
3) SVIDEO is much ligher
4) Dish Home is now added

My macros for flipping between 1080i and 480p don't work any longer... they run too fast for the box now, I'll have to adjust the timing in my universal remote

KyDave said:
Can you zoom on a HD 4x3 image on svideo yet? (taping upconverted HD stuff (reality shows, etc) via svideo/composite from OTA tuner has black borders on top, bottom, left, and right). :(

YES! There are just two modes.. normal and zoom, but the zoom fills my 16:9 quite nicely.

WeeJavaDude said:
Welll time for the flood of 269 comments. Well lets get things started.

1) Is Channel Recall fixed? Can you recall from OTA to Dish channels.
2) Is dark video truely fixed?
4) Acquiring Signal. Guide Data Issues.
5) Is locals mapped on OTA.
6) Dish Home Support?

Any other enhancements or bug fixes here... Well lets hope the Dark Video is behind us and just in time for the olympics.

1) Yes!
2) On mine, yes!
4) haven't seen it yet, but I wasn't getting it much
5) No, haven't seen anywhere to do this...
6) Yes!

snathanb said:
Ok, I got it...

1) recall between OTA and satellite now works

You sure? I only tried it once and it didn't work. Will try again this evening. I will be more than happy to find out it was "operator error".

Keith.

keith said:
You sure? I only tried it once and it didn't work. Will try again this evening.

Keith.

It didn't work the very first time I tried it, but it has been working since.

keith said:
You sure? I only tried it once and it didn't work. Will try again this evening. I will be more than happy to find out it was "operator error".

Keith.

Now you are going to be thinking about that all day during work? ;)

Well it sounds like Dish is addressing allot of the main issues! Glad that folks are getting stuff fixed. It seems like the dark picture thing is fixed that a big plus since allot of folks were complaing about that!

I have one question to add to the list above...

7) Is the 49% issue fixed.

Answer - YES!

I can now pick up 100% of the digital stations locally without screwing with the antenna to 'dial in' the stations affected by the 49% issue. When watching the box lock onto the stations with the problem, it almost looks like the box is adjusting the sensitivity of the tuner on the fly.

Sweet.

opiwan said:

Answer - YES!

I can now pick up 100% of the digital stations locally without screwing with the antenna to 'dial in' the stations affected by the 49% issue. When watching the box lock onto the stations with the problem, it almost looks like the box is adjusting the sensitivity of the tuner on the fly.

Sweet.

WOW - if this is the case, E* just sealed some deals for me. Like, if I keep it past my 1 year commitment

This sounds like a major update for our 811's. Kudos to Dish. I'm very happy with the improved PQ from their end, as well. It seems they've been working hard on the 522, also.

Maybe this management shakeup from a few months back really has gotten their engineering teams off their butts.

opiwan said:

Answer - YES!

Sweet.

I still think the multipath rejection sensitivty needs to be improved but in terms of the signals matching to what u can get in the set up menu and to what u can get tuning the station, those do match, so I guess that is a fix.

I didn't see OTA recal working on mine so I'll guess I'll have to check that later.

I wonder If they'll still live up to providing OTA data before the summers over, but good thing we have a Tech Chat Monday to get some more dish on dish

I had some macros written on my remote control (JP1 remote using extender) to switch quickly between 1080i and 480p (for HD/SD)... due to software changes, the 811 receiver can no longer "keep up with" the macro's speed. I had to go and add very minute pauses between every step in the macro for them to reliably work...

Of course, that would have no effect on most users, just want to point out a subtle non-visual change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts