27" HD LCD TV - Prices Keep Getting Better

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
Hi All,

Now that I have VOOM I have retired all of the old 4:3 SD televisions. The last one was what I consider an amazing bargain so I figured I would post a mini-review. I have no commercial interest here, just sharing in case any one else is interested.

My main set is a big 65" Hitachi which shows off VOOM beautifully. My biggest challenge was deciding what to put in the smaller bedroom where even the smaller 16:9 CRTs are just too large. I certainly liked the idea of a plasma or LCD set but did not want to spend the big $$$'s for a 20" screen that I have seen at all of the big box stores.

On a whim I surfed over to wal-mart's web site where I found a 27" 16:9 LCD set on sale for $798 dollars. Apparently they have started carrying their own brand known as ILO. Further research discovered that these are rebranded Tatung units. Specs looked good with DVI input, component, etc. I thus ordered one.

While I have only had a chance to play with it briefly I think this is a GREAT buy for the money. PQ with VOOM should certainly please 95% of the viewers out there. May or may not be as good as a Panny or Sony but value for the dollar can not be beat. Likewise, WalMart has a pretty decent return policy. If you are looking for something to hook that 2nd or 3rd VOOM box to then this may be worth looking at..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...3996&type=19&dept=101831&path=0:101831:101839

Again, no personal interest here. Just a satisfied cutomer.

If you have a Costco near by, they have great deals also.

Drat...just checked that link, and it says currently unavailable. :( Looks like it was a special buy, and quantities were limited. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep checking back there, as it sounds like a perfect solution for my bedroom also. :) Vicki

Yes, Costco does have some great deals and...

bruce said:
If you have a Costco near by, they have great deals also.

they pay their employees 2X what Walmart does besides having a good medical ins. plan. Yes, just advertising for Costco as we live about 5 miles from their first store. However, the statistics are correct. And, no, I'm not an employee but love to spend money there!

Still enjoying HDTV under cloudy (we had rain!) Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts