28?!?! Are you kidding me?

agreed

Is there really that many good shows out there that you need to record them all?

The point is often to tape a bunch of stuff you might want to watch. Things will scroll off when your buffer is full, but when you want to watch a bunch of episodes of a HGTV show (for example), you will have plenty to choose from. We constantly have both our 522s near full. We don't watch everything, but we usually have something we do want to watch when we get time to do so. :)

I would rather pick my own VOD than rely on what Dish decides is good for me!

Brad

There is a restriction to the number of timers (something like 90's) and the number of events is 288. If you are interested in learning about this in great detail, as well as hints on how to avoid hitting the limit of 288 events, then please click on the following link:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=72827
Ahhhh I see this is such old news that I should have seen the answers. Wow, is Dish that slow to respond? Well sir this is great information and I VERY HAPPY you gave it to me. Much appreciated!

The point is often to tape a bunch of stuff you might want to watch. Things will scroll off when your buffer is full, but when you want to watch a bunch of episodes of a HGTV show (for example), you will have plenty to choose from. We constantly have both our 522s near full. We don't watch everything, but we usually have something we do want to watch when we get time to do so. :)

I would rather pick my own VOD than rely on what Dish decides is good for me!

Brad
Here here! That is what I was doing. Unlike most th EPG is a recording menu. If I had to watch live TV I think I might kill myself. Other than the SB I have not seen commercials since 1999! :) I like it that way too. :hatsoff:

I think the 270 events problem is hit by people with kids. Lot's of these kiddie shows repeat endlessly so you might record more than 1 episode every day for each program of interest. Pick 4 or 5 and you're easily approaching 100 events over a 9 day EPG right there.

I think the 270 events problem is hit by people with kids. Lot's of these kiddie shows repeat endlessly so you might record more than 1 episode every day for each program of interest. Pick 4 or 5 and you're easily approaching 100 events over a 9 day EPG right there.
Yes sir, as well as some of the "hobby" channels. After reading the help here I noted that FoodHD had like 25 events a day and none were recording. You are dead on with the kiddie shows too, IIRC my TiVo showed like 82 Sponge Bobs a week and like 105 fairly odd parents.

I'm hitting the same issue. Sounds like someone's programmers used arrays when they should have used linked lists... :)

By the way, is there a way to roll up existing recordings into directories like you can on Tivo? I've had Dish for about 2 weeks and am missing that feature. (where all Mash episodes go into one directory, so on the main list it only shows up as 1 episode instead of 5) Fix those two things and the DVR would be darn near perfect.

Oh well...given the multiroom viewing (compared to my old Series 2) and the dirt cheap price compared to a Series 3, it's hard to complain too much. 255 seems awful small though. I have an ugly Golden Girls and Star Trek Voyager habit, so I'll always have a lot of recordings queued up since those are daily shows :D

so I understand.

I'm going to be getting a 622 in week or so.
Let's say I want to record Monk on a Sunday where they air 10 shows.
I want to record all of them. SO that would be 1 timer 10 events, right?
Say I want to record just every Friday night on USA every new episode of monk and psych but not the repeats they do later on or on the weekend. Does the 622 only record one copy of each program not the repeats?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)