28?!?! Are you kidding me?

I guess that explains why you watch so much TV. (as opposed to, let's say, reading a book or going to the theater.)
I don't watch a lot now. Go over to TCF and there are folks with 120 season passes!

And strangely enough, politically I'm an independent who votes both democratic and republican as the situation merits....and, amazing as it is for a non-republican, I also am able to make my own decisions on what is good for me! I do not require government assistance for my decision making. I strongly suspect that there are democrats who can also make day-to-day decisions without government help.

Shame you need this kind of crap to make your points....

What does politics have to do with a freaking Dish Network receiver and how you watch TV?

!sadroll
Nothing, absolutely nothing. Why do you ask? :0

PowerMAX = dumbass

I'm independent (lean towards libertarian more than republican or democrat), I have never had any kind of welfare/unemployment/etc. and I can make decisions for myself.

There is nothing worse than a person who defines their being based on what political party they belong.
Let's see and independent, libertarian, democratic, republican. Huh, where I come from I think we call that a communist. Oh wait, that is what we call people who think they are better to make decisions for us ... no wonder I got confused.

In my post earlier I mixed up "timers" and "events". A "timer" is "Record all new episodes of ER", for example. That timer can generate "x" number of "events".

Let's see and independent, libertarian, democratic, republican. Huh, where I come from I think we call that a communist. Oh wait, that is what we call people who think they are better to make decisions for us ... no wonder I got confused.

HAHAHA. Hilarious. Make decisions for you? As opposed to the republican party platforms of:

A. No abortion.
B. No gay rights.

The average libertarian is a fan of less government, less taxes, let the people government themselves and decide where their money goes themselves. Communism is the exact opposite. Communism means social welfare for all, everybody basically gets paid the same as everyone else, no reward for being an entrepreneur.

Apparently you have not done much homework on other political parties... I'm sure you are just repeating what your dad told you growing up, however, so I wouldn't expect anything more than ridiculous statements.

HAHAHA. Hilarious. Make decisions for you? As opposed to the republican party platforms of:

A. No abortion.
B. No gay rights.

The average libertarian is a fan of less government, less taxes, let the people government themselves and decide where their money goes themselves. Communism is the exact opposite. Communism means social welfare for all, everybody basically gets paid the same as everyone else, no reward for being an entrepreneur.

Apparently you have not done much homework on other political parties... I'm sure you are just repeating what your dad told you growing up, however, so I wouldn't expect anything more than ridiculous statements.
I say abort them all, adopt Chinese. BTW, what does this have to do with the limits of the 622 DVR?

No, not really ...

but the 622 is a lil silly

You resort to name calling because I am right? The 622 has a very limiting 'timer and event' scheduler. According to posters other than me in this thread, that limit is 200+ (or 300-, for the pessimist). Say my boy like to record spongebob and fairly off parents, which he does, now he can't which is bull. That alone is 210 events in a week that the dumb DVR does not ignore, even though we TOLD IT new episodes only.

This is a serious flaw for someone like me moving from a TiVo platform. There is nothing that the 622 can do that tivo does not do better. I am sorry but when you are used to drinking cream with your coffee, curded milk is a shock that you would not expect. People should know this is an inferior product so they don't make the same $900.00 mistake that I did. Most in here just lead down the primrose path saying how lovely it and Dish Network are ... and it is not true by all accounts and aspects.

If you have an issue with fair representation just say so. I am speaking the truth! Ban me for stating the truth?!?! There is an un-American concept.

Yep I think there are a number of ways to manage this that you could explore.
I agree if you had unlimited before and now dont, that can be frustrating, but i think you may be in a small minority, like many here i havent been able to hit the barrier you have.

A combination of these may get you where you need to be.
1. using specific recurring timers (specifc date and time of week), i.e assumes same date and time, i use this sometimes when i already have a recording scheduled and i wish to watch tv too, so record the later show in the same day say HBO, BBC america etc.
2. using the New option vs all ( assuming it's only new ones that count),
3. Dont use dishpass to get all from all stations use regular timers to get from one channel only.
4. Get another receiver, for the SD shows, say a 501 or 508 (no dvr fee) off of ebay.

Jeff

Last edited:
You could move to D* and use their HD DVR (HR20) or better yet Comcast's Motorola HD DVR. The 622 is the best HD DVR out there but it's not perfect. It sure beats the other two I mentioned though.

My SAGE system, that I use for E* and OTA service, kicks the 622's butt. IMHO, the 622 is far from the best DVR available. Might be the best satellite one though. But that is not saying much.

Last edited:
You can work around the limitation by setting a manual repeating timer, just do it for the shows that repeat 20 times a day.
That sounds like wake up, find the show and hit record. I think I may need to investigate this more.

My SAGE system, that I use for E* and OTA service, kicks the 622's butt. IMHO, the 622 is far from the best DVR available. Might be the best satellite one though. But that is not saying much.
A link would be nice. I love to look at this stuff and tweak it.

Yep I think there are a number of ways to manage this that you could explore.
I agree if you had unlimited before and now dont, that can be frustrating, but i think you may be in a small minority, like many here i haven't been able to hit the barrier you have.

A combination of these may get you where you need to be.
1. using specific recurring timers
2. using the New option vs all ( assuming it's only new ones that count),
3. Dont use dishpass to get all from all stations use regular timers to get from one channel only.
4. Get another receiver, for the SD shows, say a 501 or 508 (no dvr fee) off of ebay.

Jeff
I am not sure what a specific recurring timer is, when I record a show, I find it in the guide, press record and set my options. These options are almost always "new" recordings, unless they are "once" or "auto-tune." So I do not think I am using DishPass, either but not too sure, I use the above method.

I would get another receiver from eBay but I actually have enough capacity and right now only one TV, with limited connections. Given the expansion announcement I would like to keep it at one receiver too. The HDTV my kid broke is being replaced, but Costco said it would not ship for 10-15 days, so once I add that to the mix, I will want all the shows on one DVR so I can monitor my son's viewing and watch shows upstairs or down.

Sheesh! How many 622s did you buy? :eek:
I didn't buy any, I leased one. It was $199.99 upfront. The $900.00 was ballpark in my tantrum last night. The actual cost is $648.03 or 40.50/mo for 16 months. This is because in order to get the programming I had before I must now have the GoldHD Pack (verses TC+), since I went that far it only made sense to jump into platinum, however, I back out 30.00/mo based on my figure since I did not have platinum with DirecTV.

Thank is my whole point and why I am so ticked off. I need to spend another 40.00/mo to get the same programming with Dish that I had with DirecTV. If someone plans to argue this with me, you better do you math. Please also keep in mind that there are channels in both packs I don't care about.

The short end of the stick is not the 40.50/mo, it is the mere perception by me that I am getting less channels and an inferior DVR for that 40.50/mo. Although I did forget to back out the DVR fee since I am platinum so I guess it is really $34.52! So the mistake is actually $552.32. If dish gave a free receiver (like direcTV) I would be down to half of my initial complaint amount.:D

Online Manual

The other thing I was looking at was the online manual. I wen to download this and it was 15 different documents. I understand I was provided a paper copy, but who uses paper nowadays?

Dish, could ya maybe make ONE .pdf instead of 15 for cryin out loud?!?

I've heard mention of this "sage" system more than once. But, no details. Can you elaborate, or point us in the right direction for more details? It sounds interesting.

The hated numbers in my family are 96 (max on timers) and 288 (max on events). We always have around 270 events on a daily basis and have to delete timers several times a week to set up new ones. I hit the events limit the within 20 minutes of plugging in the 622 on day one. I think I had put in 32 timers (about 6 for each person in the family). That truly sucked. I complain to Dish on a weekly basis. Someone curses at the limits on practially on a daily basis (mostly my wife).

Voyagerbob

Okay, I am sure I am not the first one to bring this up, but is E* for real? I can only schedule 28 events on my 622?!?!?! At last glance on my TiVo including wishlists I was just under 100!!!!! Someone please pinch me so I'll wake up from this nightmare.

There is a restriction to the number of timers (something like 90's) and the number of events is 288. If you are interested in learning about this in great detail, as well as hints on how to avoid hitting the limit of 288 events, then please click on the following link:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=72827

Just to put this in perspective...

When DiSH was designing their first DVR, they thought that 10 timers was more than enough for anyone ! It took me awhile to convince them that a lot more was needed, and they agreed to compromise at 50 in the first software revision.

I consider this one of my biggest contributions to DBS. :cool:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts