2800 Info Screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
I'm still running an old 2800 receiver in my computer room and just recently the 'Info' screen started popping up without pushing the 'Info' button on the remote. This happens at all times of the day or night and happens every few minutes or so. If I push OK the screen closes but a few minutes later it pops up again. If I don't do anything, it will close only to pop up again.

I’ve tried a ‘reset back to factory defaults’ but it still does it. I’ve unplugged it for day and that didn’t help. Anyone have any suggestions?

Already did that. I don't think it is someone with the same remote ID because that happens at all day and all night.

Can't be the dog sitting on it cause I don't have a dog, can't the the cat because it's too dumb to know how to do anything. Looked at both remotes and the batteries look good.

I was hoping to hold off till fall to do the 622 deal but I guess the 2800 doesn't know summer just started. I guess I'll scrap the 2800 and take the 811 out of service and go with a 622 and my trusty 501.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)