$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fletchlives

Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
I called D* today to see if there were any deals on HD-DVR and this is what I got, HD-DVR for $299.00, 14.95 shipping and a $100 rebate. Sounded to good to be true so I took them up on it. Was posted to my acct and will be here the 15th. That deal started today according to the chick I spoke with on the retention number. :)

That sounds like a pretty good deal. Hopefully D* will get Spaceway 2 in the air and operation one day so E* will be forced to add HD channels and drop the price of their HD DVRs. Looks like I may be giving D* serious consideration come next spring. Competition is a good thing. :up

fletchlives said:
I called D* today to see if there were any deals on HD-DVR and this is what I got, HD-DVR for $299.00, 14.95 shipping and a $100 rebate. Sounded to good to be true so I took them up on it. Was posted to my acct and will be here the 15th. That deal started today according to the chick I spoke with on the retention number. :)

What's the contract commitment? How long you been a D* sub?

fletchlives said:

BTW, 15th of what?

First I have heard of this,,, if it is true, chalk another up in the sold column. Of course I have to wait for my wife to get home before I go to D* .com and start clicking.

Has anyone else gotten this deal? Wife is thinking about letting me do this if I can get the same deal.

cfarm said:
So you call on the 13th, a Saturday, and they'll have your box on your porch on Monday?

Neat trick.
That's what happened to me with a new access card. I ordered it Sat afternoon I never thought it would be here on Monday morning. Much to my suprise it was here by 9AM Monday.

rockaway1836 said:
That's what happened to me with a new access card. I ordered it Sat afternoon I never thought it would be here on Monday morning. Much to my suprise it was here by 9AM Monday.

Access cards fit in a 37 cent envelope. It's a little different deal for a DVR.

rockaway1836 said:
Fedex Nextday is Fedex Nextday. Doesn't make a difference what it is.

Saturday dropoff doesn't get you Monday delivery. Sorry. I have a FedEx account.

And if you're getting overnight delivery of that size box for $14.95, I want the name of that account rep!

I'm just telling you what I know and what is showing on my acct on their website. I thought it was too good to be true, but I see what I see. Obviously, if it's not a HD-DVR it will be refused. This is a cut and paste from my activity on D*.

HD-DVR - Charge $299.00 $17.94 $316.94
08/13/2005 xxxxxxxxxxx0 $14.95 Delivery and Handling - Charge $14.95 $0.90 $15.85
08/13/2005 xxxxxxxxxxx0 Annual Commitment - Charge $0.00 $0.00 $0.00

cfarm said:
Saturday dropoff doesn't get you Monday delivery. Sorry. I have a FedEx account.
!
Well that's what I thought too. Untill the card was at my door by 9AM. A big corprate account doesn't drop off. Fedx and UPS pick it up. In some cases there are trucks on site for this.

This is dissappointing considering I just bought my HD TiVo from VE a week ago....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts