2nd Dish Install Fee..??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SpringsGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
Colorado Springs
Hey Guys,

The time has come to dump adelphia and jump ship to dish.. I have had Adelphia since Voom went out of business, so a lil over 3 months.. And adelphia's service is just barely watchable, but what pushed me over the top is that they fail to acknowledge my promotion i signed up for.. Was supposed to be paying $126.95 a month and they have been charging me $156.95 not koolll.... So i am finally switching to dish but i don't like that $99 fee for the 2nd dish, my Voom dish is still on my roof is it good for anything? But i mainly want to know what i have to say or do to get around paying that ridiculous $99 fee, which they are only charging because i want the Voom HD channels.. THANKS GUYS... Any info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated....

Unless things have changed I still believe colorado springs uses the denver dma. This local package is on 2 dishes and if you request the dish for all the channels they have to give it to you per fcc. This would be the same dish that is used for some international and all the voom stations. I know in the way of locals channels you'll only get some new shopping channels and maybe 1 or 2 latino, but when you talk to the salesperson just ask them about the must carry requirements and if your dma is eligible.

Colorado Springs locals on 110/119....looks like you'll have to bite the bullet and pay the $99 or come up with another creative solution to have E* waive the 61.5 install fee. If you're jumping aboard E* for the VOOM programming, you're wasting your time and money since VOOM has all buy stopped showing any new content; it's much the same programming (less 11 channels and half the old content) that was aired during 2004. As much as Adelphia sucks, I would scale back your services and wait to see what fantastic new offers both E* and D* concoct this fall/winter: free HD receivers, MPEG-4, VOOM 21, HD LIL, etc.

Thanks jim and rod for your info and more importantly your response. I have another question i did read in the dish forum a while ago when Voom first went out of business that a couple of voomers and current dish subscribers got around the 2nd dish fee by subscibing to basic dish hd pack, and also all locals which are availble in my area, and not to get the voom hd channels initially.. Then shortly after install like a week later or so call and upgrade to the voom hd pack and they will ask if i have locals in my area, because i guess their is a upgraded dish i would get or something for locals which is free?? But anyways if you have locals then they can simply send a hit to your box and WaaLaah Voom channels appear and no 2nd dish fee.. Is this myth true ANYONE..?? If so i am subscribing today lol.. Thanksss

SpringsGuy said:
Thanks jim and rod for your info and more importantly your response. I have another question i did read in the dish forum a while ago when Voom first went out of business that a couple of voomers and current dish subscribers got around the 2nd dish fee by subscibing to basic dish hd pack, and also all locals which are availble in my area, and not to get the voom hd channels initially.. Then shortly after install like a week later or so call and upgrade to the voom hd pack and they will ask if i have locals in my area, because i guess their is a upgraded dish i would get or something for locals which is free?? But anyways if you have locals then they can simply send a hit to your box and WaaLaah Voom channels appear and no 2nd dish fee.. Is this myth true ANYONE..?? If so i am subscribing today lol.. Thanksss
As mentioned before, only if the locals for you zip have the "MUST CARRY" locals.

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

Go there, type in your address, and see which locals appear. If any of them have a star beside them, those are the "must carry" channels which require a second dish. The "must carry" dish is the one they do for free.

If there are some channels with the star beside them, be sure to click on the channel's name to see if the channel with the star beside it is coming from 61.5, if they are coming from 148, you will get a second dish, but not the one for Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts