2nd Home 2nd Dish Possible

I have read through this topic and I just don't understand how the audit process could work unless Dish has some way to ping your receivers over the Internet. I guess when people had phone lines hooked to their boxes it could call the mothership but how many of those setups are left?

The audit team would call you on the phone. You'd have to read certain numbers off the screen of each receiver. You could not leave the house, they'd hear it. The numbers change with some regularity.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The audit team would call you on the phone. You'd have to read certain numbers off the screen of each receiver. You could not leave the house, they'd hear it. The numbers change with some regularity.

Thanks I get it now. Its not really about the physical location (like out of home spot beam) but if the receivers are all connected to the same setup. So if you take all your receivers with you and set them up in a temporary location on a different dish you would likely pass the audit, right?

Sirius xm which I subscribe to could care less if you add a radio to your account and let uncle bill use it in his car.

Very poor example, besides the reasons given, the cost of a second radio is somewhere around 40% of another Select subscription The cost of a second Dish receiver on the account varies depending on the actual package, but at say $65 package price level, that's somewhere around a measly 1/6th the cost. I have been with XM from within the first six months of their business till now being SiriusXM. I can tell you their business plan was always geared to not caring who was on your plan because they knew tracking something like that would not realistically be possible. In addition, their product is meant to be mobile along with in home use so they have a very different business model from Dish or Direct TV where the product is meant for ONE home.

People it seems always make excuses why something is just fine for them to do when they know it isn't. (Not directed specifically to you truckracer)

Last edited:
Thanks I get it now. Its not really about the physical location (like out of home spot beam) but if the receivers are all connected to the same setup. So if you take all your receivers with you and set them up in a temporary location on a different dish you would likely pass the audit, right?

Yes, assuming they called on your cell or a line where the receivers were.

That is where the audit teams problem lies, so many people do not use land lines anymore. if you are not home when they call how are you supposed to verify the location id's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)