2nd install attempt, still unsuccessful

jeremys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 29, 2004
stll no LOS. At least this installer gave me more info on what is needed for install. He said if i pruned the branches off this tree that he would come out. So, now I have to talk to the apt. manager. and, I guess I am out $45 because this is the 2nd attempt.

$45? The installer charged you money? I think that you need to call Voom and get that back. He shouldn't be taking any money from you. I hope you got a receipt.

installs inc told me I would be charged $45 if an installation wasn't complete.

jeremys said:
installs inc told me I would be charged $45 if an installation wasn't complete.
jeremys,
What state are you in?
Was it an actual Installs, inc. installer, or another company who is sent out by them? If another company, what company?
Did he give you an invoice for the $45.00?

I'm very curious as to your answers.

Since this was 2nd return trip by your request that may be some new rule to charge $45 trip charge, but I wasn't aware that was being allowed with VOOM installations.

sat4me said:
jeremys,
What state are you in?
Was it an actual Installs, inc. installer, or another company who is sent out by them? If another company, what company?

Since this was 2nd return trip by your request that may be some new rule to charge $45 trip charge, but I wasn't aware that was being allowed with VOOM installations.

Hey guys

i am all most positive that the installer goes out on a 2nd trip requested by customer and can not get LOS then the customer is responsibly for paying the tech 45.00 for a trip charge.

yeah, that's what they told me.

However, it would have been nice if the first installer would have mentioned that cutting a few branches of the tree would make a good LOS. Then, it would have been cut by today.

Also, this installer didn't even have a tripod. So, he couldn't have done it anyways!! How hard is it to keep an extra tripod? You know you are going to an apt complex. And if voom->installsinc communication was good, then they would know that if I needed a tripod on the 1st attempt, I would still need one on the second.

I didn't sign anything, but I expect a bill in the mail.

oh, san diego CA.

He tore a page out of his clipboard with his number on it so I can call him again. At the header, I remember seeing "Installs Inc". So, I guess he works directly for them.

sat4me said:
jeremys,
What state are you in?

installs inc does not have any installers on staff.does not matter where you live.everyone of there so called installers are from a subcontractor

jeremys said:
yeah, that's what they told me.

However, it would have been nice if the first installer would have mentioned that cutting a few branches of the tree would make a good LOS. Then, it would have been cut by today.

Also, this installer didn't even have a tripod. So, he couldn't have done it anyways!! How hard is it to keep an extra tripod? You know you are going to an apt complex. And if voom->installsinc communication was good, then they would know that if I needed a tripod on the 1st attempt, I would still need one on the second.

I didn't sign anything, but I expect a bill in the mail.

Jeremy
Did you give him the 45.00 today? If not then i sure you want get a bill cause believe me the installer would have collected it today.

satelliteinstaller said:
installs inc does not have any installers on staff.does not matter where you live.everyone of there so called installers are from a subcontractor

I am subcontractor but i work directly for installs inc. And concerned a Install Inc. installer.

satelliteinstaller said:
Actually they do, all over the place, almost.

Installs Inc. purchased Amerilink from Radio Shack last year. When they did they aquired lots of installers and field supervisors, and yes these people do work for and as Installs Inc. as installers and are paid a salary directly by them. I was offered a job to manage a region but turned it down as I prefer retirement, for now.

Jeremys,
If this guy that you paid $45.00 to, didn't give you a receipt, then who did you make the check or payment to? Did you have a phone number to call to contact him after you trim the tree back?

i'm pretty sure you might get your $45 back, maybe, depending on wether you call them back again after you trim the tree..

I did NOT pay any money today.

I am assuming I get billed in the mail.

maybe he decided not to charge me because he didnt spend any time settup up equip?

jeremys said:

maybe he decided not to charge me because he didnt spend any time settup up equip?

If he didn't asked for money today then he want because there will be a LOS once you get the trees trimmed.

jeremys said:

We all misunderstood from your first original post that you said "I guess I'm out $45"

Ok, you did not actually pay him.. Then you're not out $45.00. No $ left your wallet. :rolleyes:

Whew... Trim your tree and call them back to get VOOMING!

Remind the CSR to add to the order for the tech to bring a tripod, although I don't think they give it to you, so be prepared to pay for that set-up. You could always buy your own at Radio Shack too.

I was told that if you present the installer a letter from your landlord stating that you cannot attach a dish onto the building that they would give you the tripod for free.

Neutron said:
I was told that if you present the installer a letter from your landlord stating that you cannot attach a dish onto the building that they would give you the tripod for free.

depend on the company or installer . if they give it you they have to get it approved by VOOM first. Most installer charge 45.00 for tripod here anyway.

I have my lease that states they cannot drill or do any other destructive acts. (my railing is solid)

On the first install attempt they said the tripod would cost $50 extra.

Also, the installs CSR told me that they would refuse to do the install and leave immediately if I didn't have a letterhead from the mgmt company stating what was within legal bounds for install. So, Im using the lease..

this whole thing is a mess.

jeremys said:
I have my lease that states they cannot drill or do any other destructive acts. (my railing is solid)

On the first install attempt they said the tripod would cost $50 extra.

Also, the installs CSR told me that they would refuse to do the install and leave immediately if I didn't have a letterhead from the mgmt company stating what was within legal bounds for install. So, Im using the lease..

this whole thing is a mess.

jeremy
Get the trees trim if they will let you and then call Install and let them know you have trimmed the tree and let them know you will need the tripod . or have on there when they get there . also you put a pole in concrete in a bucket 1 5/8 fence pole is what you need

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts