2nd Receiver replacement in 6 months.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I really like dishnetwork,but the only issue I am having is the problem of receivers going bad in a short time.For me this is why I carry the DHPP.Today was so annoying when I called Dish to tell them my receiver will not power on at all,and of course they make me go thru resetting ,unplugging,all of which I tried before calling.I told them it will not power on,after 15 minutes they finally transferred me to Supervisor to send me out another receiver.Then they tell me even though I have plan it ats there discretion whether or nor I will have to pay for receiever if they deem I did something to cause it to go out.Last time I had no problems,it better be the same this time.
Anyway it seems really weird that the last 2 times my receiever has gone out,it happenned a few days after downgrading package to save money.What I do is fill up my DVR and plan to watch stuff ive recorded,well not going to happen this time either as I have lost all recordings again.
Does anyone think the more you record the faster receiver can go out.
Well I am glad I have Netflix while I wait for replacement.
I just needed to vent my frustration about bad Receivers,if it goes out again I may be forced to go back to cable as they have a local office here and can replace equipment immediately.

DVR and replacement in 6 months.

Couple of questions....

1) which model do you have? I am assuming either a 622 or a 722 (non k)
2) where does your receiver set? (cabinet, table of some sort...?)

I am sorry I forgot to mention that my receiver is a 722,and my receiever sets in a good air flow type area.So its not an overheating issue (this time)It just started acting weird last week (updating at weird times throughout day)in middle of watching DVR stuff I recorded would turn off.Then last night started update at 2 am (I have set for 5AM) and then wouldnt come on after that,sounded like it was trying to then it would just stop.

Couple of questions....

1) which model do you have? I am assuming either a 622 or a 722 (non k)
2) where does your receiver set? (cabinet, table of some sort...?)[/QUOTE]

Have you called in on this issue?

Also, if its in a surge protector or power strip, bypass that and plug directly into the wall if possible.

If you have this handled, I am glad. If not, I am here to help.

When you get it replaced are they new or refurbished cause I'm going with Refurbished... nothing but junk IMO.

Your best option to avoid losing stuff you've saved is get a external HDD and plug up to it and drag your stuff on to it, so next one you hook up it will take right off and you won't lose it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)