2nd TV stops working when main TV is turned on...please help!

Bond007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Orlando Fla
I have the 722 receiver in the main living room, with it also controlling a 2nd TV across the house. For some reason when the living room TV is turned on the remote to the 2nd TV stops responding (mostly) and it becomes almost impossible to change channels etc. But when the living room TV (tv 1) is off, the bedroom TV responds with no issues at all. Any way I can resolve this that you guys might know of?

Thanks!

P.S. The main TV is not connecting to any internet or anything like that, just a standard DLP HDTV.

My guess is that your DLP HDTV is near your 722 and puts out UHF interference. I would try relocating that little antenna on the back of your 722 and see if that helps.

I disagree with the above suggestions. Single or dual mode should not affect the operation of the TV2 remote, and the video going over HDMI doesn't stop when TV1 is "off".

My guess is that your DLP HDTV is near your 722 and puts out UHF interference. I would try relocating that little antenna on the back of your 722 and see if that helps.

I disagree with the above suggestions. Single or dual mode should not affect the operation of the TV2 remote, and the video going over HDMI doesn't stop when TV1 is "off".

Yeah, I tried switching modes and that didn't seem to make a difference. I guess I will have to look into trying to move the DVR away from the TV :(

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

Yeah, I tried switching modes and that didn't seem to make a difference. I guess I will have to look into trying to move the DVR away from the TV :(

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

No need to do that. You can connect a piece of coax to the RF antenna on the back of the DVR and using a female/female connector move the antenna away from the DVR. I did that and it made a tremendous difference when I used TV2.

No need to do that. You can connect a piece of coax to the RF antenna on the back of the DVR and using a female/female connector move the antenna away from the DVR. I did that and it made a tremendous difference when I used TV2.

oooh... thank you so much for your help, I will do that tonight! Again, thank you!!!:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)