2nd tv wiring for 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rlcoker

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
This Monday I am upgrading my 811 for a 722. I have a 2nd tv upstairs that currently is only on an off air antenna. To my 811 I have a single rg6 from the satellite dish and a rg6 from the off air antenna splitter. Before the installer arrives I would like to run the wiring necessary both from the dish satellite to the 722 as well as from the 722 to the 2nd tv. (there is a third tv with another reciever in my inlaws part of the house.)

Do I run rg6 or wire for RCA connectors between the 722 and the 2nd tv? or both?
How many rg6 wires do I need between the satellite dish and the 722 assuming I continue to use the off air antenna.

I'll appreciate your input-and have a weekend project

Yeah you should have everything there already then. The 722 only needs 1 wire form the dish. And the OTA can be combined in the tv2 backfeed using the line from the existing splitter to the 2nd tv.

While everything the above 2 posters said is correct, I noticed you mentioned RCA cables....

If you have the ability to run RCA cables to TV2, I would highly recommend that option. You will get much better picture and sound.

If you can do that, that is all you will have to do. The installer is going to love you when he gets there and sees that.

While everything the above 2 posters said is correct, I noticed you mentioned RCA cables....

If you have the ability to run RCA cables to TV2, I would highly recommend that option. You will get much better picture and sound.

If you can do that, that is all you will have to do. The installer is going to love you when he gets there and sees that.

Wouldn't those have to be some long RCA cables to reach his upstairs TV? How do they make them?

Wouldn't those have to be some long RCA cables to reach his upstairs TV? How do they make them?

As long as you want them.... i can't remember the website but some guys have posted it here many times and I'm sure someone will chime in to remind me in this thread soon.... but you can get really long AV cables of any type for dirt cheap.

Edit: the site is monoprice.com

Last edited:
Thank you for all your input. Tastim, what I had planned to do is to buy som 3-wire cable at Home Depot and sodier RCA connecters. The run will be about 75 feet. Good Idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)