2wire mediaportal

sdsumann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Anyone heard anything new about this box that looks amazing. I will call day one when this baby becomes avaiable.

As far as anyone knows, it won't be available from Dish. It will only be available to SBC/Dish subscribers. And you can't become one of those unless you have not been a Dish Network customer for 6 months.

Signed,

Current SBC Local/long distance/DSL and Dish Net customer . . . who is NOT eligible to get one of these bad boys!!!

I currently have a dishnetwork account through sbc with a 522. I am looking at getting a sony grand wega III and using the mediaportal as my hd dvr.

I sure as heck hope that sbc will allow current customers to upgrade to this box. If not they will have one mighty mad customer on their hands. I saw the ces coveraege of this box and it looked like it should be about ready for primetime. There is so much going on with this box if they can pull it off I think this will be a real hit.

Airblair said:
Current SBC Local/long distance/DSL and Dish Net customer . . . who is NOT eligible to get one of these bad boys!!!
Just cancel for 6 months, then. That 2Wire box looks good enough to put up with Cable for 6 months. That's my plan.

I'm also lucky that my local Comcast is priced competitively with Dish, with no upfront cost for their HD DVR. (Actually, it'll be cheaper with the "dump the dish" promo!) So, the wait for the 2Wire box won't be bad at all.

ITS NOT ACTUALLY 6 MONTHS ITS REALLY 90 DAYS FROM YOU CANCELING DISH THAT YOU CAN SWTICH TO SBC (I KNOW I work on sbc dish accounts all the time and I have had to deal with coustomers wanting to switch from dish to sbc dish.

Really! Wow. That is good news! Great news, actually!

The SBC website says that in order to sign up, you need to have been unsubscribed to Dish for at least 180 days.

My original commitment was extended 3 months due to an upgrade. But, this means I'm back on schedule. Hoohah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts