($3.00) monthly credit for DISHDVR Advantage?

Maybe I'm too suspicious, but is it possible the reason for their renaming the packages and receivers and such (along with the DDA "credit") was just to hedge in the slim possibility they lose the Tivo lawsuit and have to shut the older DVRs down? This way they can raise the price on the base package and claim they're "giving" you the DVR service for nothing (in which case you can't complain about paying for something you're not receiving if you lose it). My bill has the 625 I have as just a "DuoReceiver", not "DuoDVR".

Probably total "tin foil" theory, but one would have to think Charlie had some contingency plans in place to fend off the angry mobs if they lose their DVR.

Charlie better buy TIVO or license the software rather than let DISH lose their dvr service. It is the ONLY thing that is keeping them in the game right now since they don't have all the hd channels that the competition has or the sports either. Without a DISH dvr their is no DISH any longer.

I really believe that DISH hiked the price of dvr advantage to $8.00 just so they could offer you the $3.00 off as something of value. I don't see anything of any real value added to the dvr advantage pack that would justify an $8.00 increase. This is part of DISH's new spin campaign to make it LOOK like they are giving you something. For instance they now list as a savings of $5.00 because you have your dual tuner dvr connected to the internet or phone connection. But also they no longer charge you for the first dvr now NOT connected anyway. Also DISH claims that they you save .98 cents and up to $12.00 a year on the new combined fees of dvr fee and additional/lease receiver fees. The more dvrs you add the more you SAVE! Come on this is bullsh*t. So you save because.98cents x12 =$11.98 a year. But you still pay the $12.00 a month for an addtional hd or $10.00 for an additional sd dvr for each one you add. So using their math 12 x 12.00 for each dvr =$144.00 extra that you PAY each year ,just to have an additional hd dvr receiver. It's all spin and this year DISH has decided this year to try to spin their price increases as a way to SAVE you money. The question is will DISH subs even see that they are trying to pull the wool over their eyes?

how much would you pay for an extra hd dvr before...hmmm

$7 plus $5.98=12.98, now just $12

sd dvr old price extra $5 plus $5.98 and now just $10 total

how much would you pay for an extra hd dvr before...hmmm

$7 plus $5.98=12.98, now just $12

sd dvr old price extra $5 plus $5.98 and now just $10 total

You save .98 cents on a fee that DISH made up in the first place. A fee that DISH has decided to apply to ALL dvrs unless you have dvr advantage for one dvr or AEP for all dvrs. The additional receiver fee per hd receiver is $7.00 and the sd is $5.00. Both are higher than the competition at $4.99 per receiver regardless if it is hd or not. Lets not forget the hd enabeling fee that was $5.00 before then hiked last year to $7.00 and now is back down to $5.00 . Like I said before DISH is trying to spin this as something positive , like they are giving you something of value for your trouble. It is simply a reduction in made up fees that they decided to charge for in the first place.

my bill went from 69.99 to 79.99. apparently dish was not charging me the $5 extra receiver fee for my 501. then this new bill comes in and it is on there. i thought is was included in the advantage package for some reason. so i got a $13 increase then they are crediting $3. i chatted with billing and they said it was an error and that i had not been charged the extra receiver fee for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)