3/11/2010 1:07am - Uplink Activity Report - 74 changes

Comparing DBS owned and leased licenses from WA to EA:

119 - 21 TP license
110 - 28
129 - 32

81 on WA (not counting the 32 on 118.7)

61.5 - technically 30 (but with the STA 32)
72 - 32
77 - 24

86 on EA - plus EA is using mostly 8PSK and MPEG4 which offers a huge savings. An easy calculation is to use is one QPSK 100% MPEG2 transponder is a base of 30. When you convert that to 8PSK you move up to 40. Now convert it to to MPEG4 and it jumps to 80. So basically it takes about 2.6 transponders on WA to do what one transponder can do on EA. Now of course all the HD on WA is already converted to 8PSK and MPEG4.

You can see they'll have plenty of bandwidth to throw around on EA when it is at the full potential after full build out.

Thanks for that Digi... I had no idea they had more on Eastern Arc. No wonder my HD locals are getting uplinked over there.

I have LOS for it too, if I ever move from my house in Baker, LA :)

Wherever that is.

Thanks for that Digi... I had no idea they had more on Eastern Arc. No wonder my HD locals are getting uplinked over there.

I have LOS for it too, if I ever move from my house in Baker, LA :)

Wherever that is.

Now LiL (local in local) bandwidth... Western Arc has Eastern Arc beat hands down. They have 2 massive spotbeam satellites and are about to have a third one online.

Eastern Arc has one spotbeam satellite and is no where near the capabilities of Ciel 2, E10, or E14.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts