3/5/2014 3:32pm - Uplink Activity Report - 107 changes

So, now Dish will receive their signal from the mouse via fiber, who would give the OK to make that connection BEFORE the contract was finalized?

Do you know how much fiber costs, do you realize how much fiber they have to install to carry all that data?

Do you think that maybe the protocols of reestablishing the HD link might have actually been in the agreement, which was not finalized until Sunday?

There is a whole lot of work that could not be done until the contract was finalized, were not just rearranging palates in a warehouse.

I'm having trouble following this thread?

I see somethiong about Fiber, mouse and stuff like that. What I like to know is this has anything to do with your location? Like for those outside the US? Will they loose Dish? I have a Hopper & Joeys?

MCIBUS,

The fiber thing is nothing you or I or any subscriber needs to worry about. Nothing will change on the subscriber's end.

The whole thread can be boiled down to this:

> Dish and ABC/Disney/ESPN signed a long term carriage agreement late on Sunday, March 2. This agreement calls for Dish to carry Disney Channel, ABC Family, ESPNU, etc in HD.

> Everyone was waiting like kids at christmas for the channels to show up on the next uplink (March 5).
That didn't happen (obviously). This sparked endless speculation as to why.

> Scott found out that the agreement, though signed is not effective until whatever future date he mentioned in his post. Scott also mentioned that ABC/Disney/ESPN will be feeding the channel to Dish via fiberoptic cable. Again, this does NOT affect the subscribers other than Dish cannot uplink the channels to their satellites (for us to see) until this fiber-link is run. This is expensive and takes time.

> After that there is belly-aching and complaining by some that Dish should have proactively done all the back-end work because they are omniscient and should have known what the contract they hadn't signed yet stipulated.

So, now Dish will receive their signal from the mouse via fiber, who would give the OK to make that connection BEFORE the contract was finalized?

Do you know how much fiber costs, do you realize how much fiber they have to install to carry all that data?

Do you think that maybe the protocols of reestablishing the HD link might have actually been in the agreement, which was not finalized until Sunday?

There is a whole lot of work that could not be done until the contract was finalized, were not just rearranging palates in a warehouse.

Nobody said Fiber transmission to Dish was a new thing... In fact if you remember the old discussions of when Dish lost the HD feeds fiber was in use then...

That explains it perfectly. Canadian TV sucks, I'd die with out my TRUE!! US TV Stations & True US Programs.

As for the Disney thing its nice to se at least the kids will see their programs in HD.

Thanks TNGTony you've been a great help relaxing the nerves and fears of loosing Dish. I LOVE DISH NETWORK.

Ok here is what I know or am hearing. It may or may not be correct but I am telling you what I know.
6) There is a huge channel / transponder swap scheduled for 3/27 which will reshuffle many channels on 129, 110, 119, 72.7, 61.5 and 118.7. While not confirmed I am hearing when they move the channels they are moving them new more efficiant encoders which not only provide as good or better PQ but use less bandwidth. The compressing technology keeps improving every day and DISH is investing a lot by constantly upgrading their encoders. This will open up more space.

Scott - do you know if it is still part of the plans to do this transponder shuffle/re-arranging on both arcs this week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)