3 HD TVs

schaefsn

Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
I have already searched the forum and cannot find a succinct answer to the following question:

I currently have an HDTV in my living room with a ViP 622 running in single mode. I also have two standard definition tvs, one in the basement, one in the bedroom. I have a 625 running in dual mode to send the signal to the standard definition tvs. I want to upgrade the bedroom and basement to HDTVs. Is there a receiver I can use to simply replace the 625? Do I have to have separate receivers in each room (basement and living room)? I would like to keep the DVR function for the basement and bedroom.

One other consideration is that both the basement and bedroom are rarely, if ever, used at the same time. Could I replace the 625 with a 722 and use an HDMI splitter (if such a thing exists) and run the same signal to both tvs?

Any help would be appreciated. I am willing to wait for a new receiver to be released, i.e. 722k or 922 if that is the right solution.

Get another 622/722 and connect to both the basement and bedroom. You would have to run an HDMI from the 622 or 722 to one TV and component to the other. Mirroring the programming. You could not watch different shows at the same time but does not seem like an issue for you. This is the only way to have HD on both from one box.

Last edited:
Also from what members have said other then equipment cost it's $12 more a month per VIP DVR.:eek:

722 with HDMI and component HDTV connections is the least expensive way to to 3 HDTVs - disadvantege is that HDTV2 and HDTV3 will have to view the same programming, but you could also do 2 612's.

I don't think Dish upgrades to the 612, it's only for new installs, if they balk try the ceo email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)