3 hopper and 2 joey on one account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Okay, makes sense, but here is.a.question. suppose you combine the client lines of the two.hoppers perhaps using splitters thus connecting the moca, could you then have the capability to get the Joey's to connect to the any Hopper?

maybe run coax from each node to to the central joey location and then use some sort of manual coaxial switch?

i don't think anyone's reported their experiments with a three hopper system at that level. maybe some sat experts could take a guess....

The third one will be independent (which is fine with me.) Will be 1000.2 with a DPP44 and a DPP33 cascaded. 2 Hoppers on a duo node and 1 on a solo. I will have a spare Joey once the Hopper arrives (this tuesday, hopefully the node/switches will be around the same time frame.) Debating on whether or not to return the Joey or keep it. Then I could access the Hopper on the solo node. Not sure if that's worth $7 a month though. Talked with Mary and she's not even sure if the system will let me return the Joey, so I might be stuck with it anyway. We shall see.

Talked with Mary and she's not even sure if the system will let me return the Joey, so I might be stuck with it anyway. We shall see.
I went through the phone CSRs to return a joey so i could go 2H/2J to 2H/1J. They sent out a box in a few days. Packed it up and everything adjusted down on my account correctly. Went extremely smooth. Got a confirmation email later on that it arrived at the destination.

Good to know. I'm sure she'll be able to do it she just wasn't sure if the computer system would give her trouble. Now the real question is, do I want to keep the Joey or not?

The third one will be independent (which is fine with me.) Will be 1000.2 with a DPP44 and a DPP33 cascaded. 2 Hoppers on a duo node and 1 on a solo. I will have a spare Joey once the Hopper arrives (this tuesday, hopefully the node/switches will be around the same time frame.) Debating on whether or not to return the Joey or keep it. Then I could access the Hopper on the solo node. Not sure if that's worth $7 a month though. Talked with Mary and she's not even sure if the system will let me return the Joey, so I might be stuck with it anyway. We shall see.

Will DISH ever bring out a triple node?.

Will DISH ever bring out a triple node?.

I doubt there will ever be enough installs for them to justify the development/production costs. I'd like to know what happens if the three hoppers are placed on the same moca network, or linked back to the same ethernet network. Do the Joeys see all three Hoppers? As long as they can make that happen there really isn't any need for a triple node.

I doubt there will ever be enough installs for them to justify the development/production costs.
agreed. They barely have any 2 Hopper installs compared to single hopper households. Zero need to go out of their way to support three through special hardware.

9 TUNERS!!!!

Ding ding ding! lol

EDIT: As for the "Trio Node," kinda doubt that Dish will release one. Dish doesn't seem to be in a hurry to allow more than 6 tuners, and half of the time they're pushing 3 tuners for 4 TVs. As for isolators, I actually have isolators on my 2H/2J setup currently, as I don't want the kids messing with my Hopper. I'm getting the third Hopper so they can record their stuff to their heart's content and I can have my other 2 Hoppers "integrated." So the lack of a Trio Node doesn't bother me, and I actually prefer it that way. Still debating on whether or not to keep the extra Joey I'll have. Might keep it for a month or two just to play with it then return it. I will have all the equipment for the third Hopper by the end of this week, so I have a little time to think it over.

Last edited:
I doubt there will ever be enough installs for them to justify the development/production costs. I'd like to know what happens if the three hoppers are placed on the same moca network, or linked back to the same ethernet network. Do the Joeys see all three Hoppers? As long as they can make that happen there really isn't any need for a triple node.

That's a good thought. Whenever the "integration" is released, perhaps one could use a tap to split the sat and moca feeds, then hook the third Hopper to the moca network that the other two Hoppers are already on. Who knows. Maybe I'll try it out sometime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)