3 LNB to 5 LNB Dish Pointing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bartman1999

Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
I saw reference to this in another post, but thought I should bring it out to its own. I did a quick search, but didn't find a thread, so forgive me if it is there (just point me there if it does)...

I get limited information from my Dad, but here is what I know: He currently has a 3LNB and the old 700 HDDVR. When he called for an upgrade, he was scheduled, but the installer showed up and said he could not install the new system because the signal would not be strong enough. It doesn't appear that should be the case if the old dish worked, the new one should as well, right?

I have seen his set up and it is not ideal, but it is obviously working today. Is it simply a lazy (uninspired) installer or could there really be something to it? My dad is not one to push things, but I feel like he should try again and get a new installer out.

Thanks in advance!

hard to say, but in general, if you you can get signal witha 3 lnb, you can with a 5.

The new signals are at 99 & 103, and the main sat on the older dishes are 101.

So, is there anything my Dad can do on his own using the signal strengths with his current receiver? I think you may have been alluding to that, but I am not sure.

I guess it is worth the call to see if they will come back and try again.

I will have to check with him to see what his strengths are today.

What do you mean by Phase III?

The sorta older directv dish with 3 lnbs on it.

Maybe the installer couldn't mount the new dish in the exact same spot and would not be able to get signal in another location? Or maybe he wouldn't be able to guarantee no signal problems for the next 90 days, and didn't want to install a system where he would have to come back in three months and fix it for free.

Otherwise, it sounds like a lazy installer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Peaking signal on 5 LNB Dish??

DirecTV Newsletter, free previews for the month of February!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)