3 missing channels

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
My daughter and my ex have Dish a 522 and a 302. They both have the same problem which a tech is coming out to fix, but was wondering what people think it might be. She doesn't get three channels on either receiver. HGTV, GSN, and Food. All three have good signal strengths. Did a cold boot on the 522. Didn't look at 301 except to confirm duplicate problem. Also ran a test switch on the 522. The answer you get on these channels is "error loss of signal". Sometimes my daughter can get the channel back by selecting the channel by using the guide. When she's in guide though and one of these channels is selected there is no picture in the corner of the TV like there is on other channels.

To save money my ex signed up for the home protection plan. Only insurance I know you can buy when they already know that there's a problem. Try doing that with health insurance.

Ron
--

charper1 said:
Any favorites list in effect? Try putting the guide in "all sub".

You don't recieve them even when you punch the numbers in directly. They don't use the favorites list. In afact all I ever use is the subs list. They the channels show up in the guide, just don't receive them when you select to watch. All test pass that I know how to do. CSR walked me through the samethings.

Ron

What is your signal strength on 119 transponders 4 and 6 ?

That is where those three channels are. Could be a bad LNBF or bad cable between it and the switch, or the switch itself.

Pepper said:

That is where those three channels are. Could be a bad LNBF or bad cable between it and the switch, or the switch itself.

don't know the strength on those two transponders, but on the problem channels I get atleast 100.

Ron

Um, no, re-read what he said.

Those channels are located at a specific place, so you need to see what the specific numbers are in those transponder locations.

I'm pretty sure Pepper has the right idea. The past 2 weeks has shown me DP and DP+ Twins failing in the summer heat. And oddly enough, most customers notice Food and Gameshow Networks disappearing in those instances

Maybe it's just a reflection on me, but those certainly aren't my primary viewing channels. LOL

Purogamer said:
Um, no, re-read what he said.

Those channels are located at a specific place, so you need to see what the specific numbers are in those transponder locations.

I said I read the signal strength on those channels, and they are all above 100.

ron

webbydude said:
I'm pretty sure Pepper has the right idea. The past 2 weeks has shown me DP and DP+ Twins failing in the summer heat. And oddly enough, most customers notice Food and Gameshow Networks disappearing in those instances

Maybe it's just a reflection on me, but those certainly aren't my primary viewing channels. LOL

Not my receivers, and not my favorite channels either. Since gsn doesn't play the real old game shows I stopped watching them.

Ron

TPs 2 and 4 are in the higher frequencies, you probably have very low signal or nothing at all on those 2 TPs. Check all the connections make sure everything is good. If the connections are OK, the problem is with the LNB like Webbydude said.

Pepper said:

I won't be doing the work a tech will be. But I will check those transponders.

Ron

I ran into a similar problem with a type 2 105 superdish. Turned out the 110 LNB was heat or cold sensitive. We aren't a 105 market anymore and he only had one receiver so I just "downgraded" him to a legacy dish500 with a SW21 and he's happy. My payment for the job was a DP34 and miscellaneous parts to play with (I am not a pro installer, the guy is a friend of my inlaws).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)