3 new channels come to Sirius on 2/14

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They are taking away Hardcore Sports // 186 from US subscribers!

While I am not a sports fan, I am a firm believer that if they have a channel uplinked to the satellites anyway, they might as well turn it on and give US subscribers full access.

As it is, I had to buy two new Sirius radios before I found one that would receive channels 185 and 187-193. I wouldn't mind if they moved 186 to the "new chipset" lineup as the above mentioned group of channels.

I can understand, btw, if this is due to a rights issue or something like that, but all the other Canadian channels have been able to find a way to clear the copyrights for all of North America.

And, they are getting rid of C-SPAN, because they wanted the right to "extensively" pre-empt C-SPAN for live sports, and C-SPAN would not permit it. Therefore, C-SPAN is only available online, on WCSP-FM 90.1 and on XM. I agree with C-SPAN. I think Sirius needs to find a way to better manage bandwidth, or something like that, because all these pre-emptions are awful.

They are taking away Hardcore Sports // 186 from US subscribers!

While I am not a sports fan, I am a firm believer that if they have a channel uplinked to the satellites anyway, they might as well turn it on and give US subscribers full access. .

jegrant
I use to listen to it via the uplink feed from satellite (it was on C-band satellite) and last night it was just dead air. So maybe they went off the air

All the other Canadian channels between 181-188 I heard last nite but Hardcore sports was dead air

Hardcore SPorts is still on 186 as of today

also, after 3 days of listening to 24, I LOVE this channel :)

Hardcore Sports is staying on Canadian Sirius and the newer receivers in the US. I can get 186 on my Stiletto but not my Kenwood headunits or older plug and play units.

Hey Ice I love 24 as well... The only problem I have with it is that it is Grunge then ALT then Grunge then Alt... Mix it all up where you are not hearing PJ, STP Nirvana every other song... CC

Okay, so the 186 thing was less of a problem than I thought - it just moved to the hierarchical modulation used by most of the other non-CBC Canadian channels.

But - I have a new gripe - Sirius is now extensively pre-empting WRN // 140 for live sports, and letting the sports promo loop run for quite a long time after the event ends, rather than cutting back into the WRN feed in-progress.
This practice, combined with the fact that 140's description now reads "Sirius" instead of "WRN," makes me wonder whether WRN will soon be removed entirely.

Same here... I love it! I rode with a friend that has XM the other day and I have to say XM bites the big one. Next rode trip with them, the Sirius is coming with us. My favs are 20, 23, 24, and 101(BTLS).

So I went to listen to Discovery on the way home last night and found out it is gone. I really liked that channel except when they had the wedding programs. Anyway I'm very dissapointed!!!:mad:

I have a feeling that Discovery Radio wasn't dropped because of a decision by Sirius but rather a decision by Discovery Radio. If it was a decision by Sirius you would think they would have announced it in when they announced the other channel changes and dropped channels that happened on Feb. 14.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts