*3* non-working Platium-plus remotes!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I have 3 Platium DVR remotes from the 811 and 921's... none of them work! None of them can control my 811 or 921 out of the box

I'm forced to use the remote for my 508 instead.

I know about the remote address issue.. they should all have address 1

Has anyone experience similar issue?

I know for the 811 you have to use the system info button on the receiver to make the receiver and remote switch addresses. If you access the system info screen from the remote and then do the change address thing, it will only change the address of the remote. This happen to me when I changed address. I had to go back and change only my remote address to match what the receiver was showing on the system info screen. Then I pushed the system info button on the receiver and then did the procedure for changing addresses.

If you already tried setting the remote address back to the receiver, then I am sorry for this post.

You also need to attach the uhf remote antenna to the receiver in order for the remote to work. I found this out with both my old 811 and my new 921. It would't respond with out the uhf antenna plugged in.

You can also change the remote address by getting into the menu and select the system info screen. Then look and see what remote address it is listed as. Then hit the sat button on your remote and hold till all the lights -light up . Then you can enter the same number the remote address is and hit the # key on the remote. It should light up like three times and it should control your receiver now. :)

thanks guys.

I do not believe it's the remote address issue... however I will check again.

My 508 remote is set for address 1 and it will control the 811 and the 921 just fine. But the big 811 and 921 remote won't do anything at all for either one of those machine.

is the antenna attached for the remotes. all of your recievers will respond to IR. and the 508 is the only remote that will broadcast IR to the recievers. the other 2 remotes ONLY broadcast RF (UHF) to their respective recievers. If the antennas arnt attached then taht is your problem. Also once those antennas are attached you will need to readdress 2 of the 3 remotes/recievers. or else when you do something on one remote it will do that on all 3 receivers. which also led to my question on the antennas being attached. because if they were then hitt in a button on your 508 remote would do that function on the other 2 recivers as well even through walls... it broadcasts IR and UHF at the same time. But again the 522, 811, and 921 all use UHF only remotes with the exception of the 522TV1 remote.

The UHF Remote Antenna is highly subject to interference. I thought I had 2 bad remotes in a row ... turns out you have to adjust the position of that antenna, sometimes just moving it a few millimeters means the difference between receiving the command and not receiving it.

Mine works best at about 15 degrees, barely showing above the back of the receiver.

Experiment. You will find the sweet spot.

When I got my 811 I placed it on the bottom shelf of my tv stand and the remote would only work from about 2 feet away even when i slid the receiver out on the carpet. I had to move some furniture so I could place it on it's own stand, now it works fine but looks like hell.

mines on one of the lower parts of my Ent. Stand... the antenna doesnt have room to stand up all the way... but i can control the dang thing from my office 30 feet away.. and through walls

I use a piece of RG-59 and an F barrel connector to extend my 721's UHF antenna to a height that extends the range for me to use the remote from my home office. (I also use a Radio Shack IR/RF remote from the bedroom, with it's own RF to IR converter in the LR, where the 721 is located.)

Luckily, I only control the 811 from the LR with an IR universal remote, so no UHF antenna needed on that guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)