3 Receiver ( Audit Question )

The "rules according to audit" are that you're able to get to every receiver within a timely manner (probably 30 seconds apart, tops) and able to read off the codes with no interruptions.

That *IS* a bit unfair since you can place TVs hooked up via cable quite a bit further apart, in fact I doubt they'd care if you took the line coming in, split it off, and sent it to another house *on your property* (for that first person)..

Personally I don't give a damn if they call me and then deactivate all my boxes "permanently" because if they really did permanently brick them, that's their loss not mine.

IMO: That's one of the big problems with this whole mess. The rules the auditors are using don't match with E* standard practice.

One thing I don't think I've mentioned is that the audit Nazis told me I had to be on a cordless phone, I wonder what would happen to a customer who didn't have one?

NightRyder

I know that some people still do not have a cordless phone. Some people dont have one because the batteries go dead or they just never wanted one. They should not be forced to have one just for this.

They are not going to want to pay to have them run. They will say that they worked fine for years without the phonelines so why have them now. They will also say that if they are going to require this and have to pay to have them installed that they will just switch companies (DirecTv or cable) or go back to the OTA antenna.

D* has the same requirement. If they go there and ignore the phoneline requirement, the same could happen down the road. D* has to eventually do something similar, or they're hoping the HMC will soon replace all multi-receiver households - but one way or another, both DBS companies will be going after those stealing the signal. The only fallout is with those subs who knew that they were using a receiver that should have a phone line, but out of convenience or because of the expense chose not to hook it up.

They'll either run a line, remove it from mirroring and setup a separate account, or just get rid of it. The choice is the consumer's.

Question for everyone about these audits. I have 5 receivers in my SBC/Dish Network account, 3 of them are connected to the primary phone line on the SBC account, the other 2 are not. We have 2 different phone lines in the house, I'll just call them the primary and secondary phone lines.

The 2 receivers that are not connected to the phone lines are in the same rooms where the secondary phone line is. Can I connect those 2 receivers to the secondary phone line and not get in trouble? Both phone lines have the same address different name and all the receivers are in the same address.

Thanks.

I read another thread about this same situation and the answer was no. Dish's system is set up to only have one phone number assigned to an account.

You may want to contact Dish and ask them, but then you'll get audited for sure!

CPanther95 said:
Isn't the junction box for both lines in the same location outside the house? Why not just hook up both lines in that room?

I might have to do that. Good suggestion. It's just that is a pain in the a$$ having to move furniture to get to both phone jacks.

Used to be different, phone number, credit card and name (spouse) - would do the trick even at the same address. Sure it's not uncommon for an ex-wife, sister, parent, etc. to move into a residence formally occupied by a relative.

CPanther95 said:
Used to be different, phone number, credit card and name (spouse) - would do the trick even at the same address. Sure it's not uncommon for an ex-wife, sister, parent, etc. to move into a residence formally occupied by a relative.
Old trick - still works. Add "Unit A" (or any similar crap) to the end of the address.

Just bought a dual phone jack and have both phone lines in one of the rooms, then just ran a phone cable to the second room. All receivers are now connected to the main phone line. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)