3 receiver setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JoseOle

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Hi, I am new to this so please give me a little leeway.

I have 4 TVs in my house 2 are hooked directly to receivers and the other 2 are back fed from the receivers. I have a 625 and a 622 that gets HD for my plasma. Right now I have two cables coming into my house, let’s call them cable A and cable B. Cable A goes to a diplexer, coming out of that one cable goes to my 622 and the other goes to one of my TVs. I think, now correct me if I am wrong, that they use the diplexer to back feed from another diplexer at the back of the receiver to my TV through channel 60. Now cable B is setup the same way as cable A but it goes to another TV and my 625. So there are 2 receivers each has 2 TVs hooked to it 1 directly and 1 back fed.

I found an example that closely resembles my current install except I only have 2 cables coming from the dish and I only have 1 “TV A 2” instead or 2:
http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Diagrams/DistributionExample3.pdf

I want to add another 622 for my new HD LCD but I am unsure how to do it.

Can I use a switch like a dp34 or dpp44 to connect cables A & B to and then from there go out to the diplexers then to my TVs and receivers?

If I use switches are they going to be fine with the HD content?

If I want to feed 3 dual tuner receivers then do I need to use 2 dp34 or dpp44s?

What is better to use in my situation dp34 or dpp44?

If I buy another 622 on eBay do I need to do anything to it or can I hook it right up?

Or is it just better to call dish and have them send a tech to do it?

Like I said I am new to this satellite TV thing and I am trying to learn so please any help you can give is appreciated. Also I am sorry if I messed up some of the acronyms.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!

We can help you for sure, I have a question though, do know what kind of dish(s) you have, and are there any switches being used right now?

Its dark outside right now so I am not sure what "model" the dish is. I do not see any switches where the cable comes into my house but I read that the switch could be installed outdoors so I cannot see any more tonight.

I was also wondering what is the difference between the dp34 and the dpp44?

When I got dish at first I didn't have HD but then when I added it the install guy came and changed something, did he install a different lnbf, I think that is what it is called.

The dp34 is for 3 sat locations and is only of course DishProDP compatable. The DPP44 is for four satellite locations and is compatable with Dish Pro PlusDPP receiver and LNBFs and it will also use DP LNBFs. My guess is the guy came out and changed you to a Dish 1000 or a 1000.2 in place of the 500 that you had. The 500 sees sats 119 and 110 the 1000 sees 119 and 110 but also sees 129 where the HD content is.

So even though I am getting info from 3 sats they can still run that through 2 cables?

Sorry for the second reply but because I have HD and the 625 says DPP does that mean that I can only use the dpp44?

So even though I am getting info from 3 sats they can still run that through 2 cables?

Yeah because there is a built in switch in the Dish and it know what sat to go for.

Sorry for the second reply but because I have HD and the 625 says DPP does that mean that I can only use the dpp44?

Not necessarily I need to know what dish you have for sure.

So the 1000 has 2 seperate "blocks" while the 1000.2 has everything in one unit?

Maybe. The Dish 1000.2 has three outputs, so you might be able to just run another cable. If you have a Dish 1000, you'll need a DPP44 and a third cable to the dish. Replacing the dish with a Dish 1000.2 may make financial sense unless you can foresee a fourth receiver.

I just went up on the roof to make sure. I have the dish 1000 with a DPP Twin and a seperate DP Dual lnbf.

Because I have the 1000 why do I have to use the dpp44, why will the dp34 not work?

If I were to change to the 1000.2 then you are saying that I can add one run of cable and then just connect that to the new receiver and it would work?

OK, I did some more checking and please correct me if I am wrong.

If I were to make one more run of cable from the dish 1000 then put all three into a dpp44 then because I would be using 2 - 622's and 1 - 625 then I can make just one cable connection to each receiver as long as I have a dpp seperator at each receiver.

I think that this is starting to make sense.

Thank you for all of your help, you guys are really great!

I think that I know how to install this.

I will try and put the picture in the post but if that doesn't work I will put it in an attachment

I need to run another cable from the dish (in red), then install the dpp44 as displayed and then run a cable to my new 622 in the upper right and install a dpp seperator and it should work.

Attachments

• dish network.JPG
    dish network.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 168
Yeah you have figured it out......good research on your part.

Just a few questions left.

The new run that I make goes directly from the 129 W into the switch just like the 110 and the 119?

I was reading that I need to do a software update in order for the receivers to work with the switch, is that correct and how do I complete that?

When I put the new receiver in service do I just call dish and have them activate the receiver or do I need to do something else to make it work?

Thank you sooooo much.

Just to clarify,

port 1 dpp twin ==> port 2 dpp44
port 2 dpp twin ==> port 1 dpp44
port 1 dp dual ==> port 3 dpp44

correct?

Sorry to dig up my old thread, but I finally got all of my cables run and setup so I just wanted to let you know everything is working perfectly.

You guys are the greatest, when I started this project I was a total noob but you guys were so helpful I don't know where I would be without you.

I will surely be checking in whenever I need any info and to help if I can.

Thanks again for all of your help. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)