3 receivers with DPPlus LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Schmed

Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
HELP! Newbie here.

So, I order up a new 625 dual tuner DVR receiver and I'm told it's $60 including installation. I tell them I'd like to add this to my current setup (310 and 510 receivers).

Everything gets installed and is working. Great.

I go to install the 510 receiver in a different room and realize, I can't do it with my current setup. I have:

500 dish
DPPlus LNBF
A special splitter upstream of my new 625 dual tuner receiver.

Does anyone have any idea on how to use 3 receivers with my dish / LNBF?

I'm thinking the most straightforward thing to do is buy a used dish/LNBF for cheap and run that to my 510 receiver. I guess that new DP44 (?) switch would work, but it's like $200!

I'm open to ideas!

Thanks!

(why didn't Dish Network tell me I'd need to spend more $$$ to keep using my 510 DVR?)

You had a 310 and a 510 installed, and called dish to add a 625.

So why did you let the tech remove one receiver to install the new extra receiver. I would call dish back and have them come out and correct it.

I don't know of a 310, but I think the 301 and 510 each uses 1 coax cable from either the Sat or the Switch. The 625 uses 2 coax cables, or can use one in a DishPro Plus installation.

For about $60, a DP34 will provide for 3 satillite inputs, and 4 receive tuner outputs; which will provide 1 for the 301, 1 for the 510, and 2 for the 625. Of course you will need 2 cables from the switch to the 625.

The DPP Twin should work on the DP34, but you will need 2 cables from it to the DP34. If there is a power issue later, you can always swap the DPP Twin with a DP Twin.

Also, if you are running a wing dish, such as from 129 or 61.5 into the DPP Twin, you will need to disconnect it and run it directly to the DP34 also.

So your choices are: :eureka
- Call Dish and have them do it right (unless you had some type of upgrade deal); or
- Buy a DP34 and run a second cable to the 625, and a cable to the 510 location; or
- Buy a Dish 500 with DP Twin LNBF and run it to the new location for the 510; and
- Buy a DPP44 and use just one cable for the 625, and run a cable to the 510 location.

Hope this helps. After you decide what route you would like to go, if you need more info, there's plenty here.

EDIT: And welcome to the club. :)

Last edited:
what i would do is disconnect the 301 or 310 which ever it is and put the 625 there but here is the trick, you are going to need to 2 diplexers to get it done. it would probably be best to call dish back and get them to fix since the 625 is a dual tuner it will work on 2 tvs independently as long as u have the rf remote for the second room.

You had a 310 and a 510 installed, and called dish to add a 625.

So why did you let the tech remove one receiver to install the new extra receiver. I would call dish back and have them come out and correct it.

I wanted the new 625 at the TV where I had the 510 and I moved the 510 to the basement.

I wasn't sure if the DP34 switch would work with the DPPlus LNBF. If it means I have to run two coax cables to the 625, then that means a LOT more work!

Good point, though. I should call DN and have them come out and fix it. They omitted telling me that I'd be facing more install costs going with the 625. My 1st CSR that I talked to just blew me off. The second one was much better, but basically said "you can go ahead and buy another dish or the DP44 switch"

When the tech got there, were 2 receivers already installed, so that he had to deinstall one?
If so, called Dish and tell them your 510 hasn't worked since the tech installed another receiver. :D
If you are leasing all 3, then it's obvious that they should have installed more equipment to get it to work.

As Slick Vic says, if you don't need 4 tuners and 3 will be enough, then get rid of the 301/310 and backfeed the TV2 output from the 625 to the other location(s). You will only need 2 diplexors ($10 +/- total).

When the tech got there, were 2 receivers already installed, so that he had to deinstall one?
If so, called Dish and tell them your 510 hasn't worked since the tech installed another receiver. :D
If you are leasing all 3, then it's obvious that they should have installed more equipment to get it to work.

As Slick Vic says, if you don't need 4 tuners and 3 will be enough, then get rid of the 301/310 and backfeed the TV2 output from the 625 to the other location(s). You will only need 2 diplexors ($10 +/- total).

Yes - he had to de-install one to put the 625 there.

I really like the two tuner feature of the 625 so we can record one thing, but watch another, so I'd like to keep that feature.

I wish I understood the backfeed idea and how that would work. Per my understanding, the signal goes out the same coax cable that brings in the sat signal, then you can use that signal at another TV. If so, I'm sure I could make that work (ditch the 310 or 301 (whatever it is) and just use the signal from the 625 for that TV.

THANKS for your quick replies, guys. I'll pursue DishNetwork and get them to "fix" my system if at all possible. Its such a hassle having a tech come out with a 4-hour arrival window.

Hopefully he can get Dish to come back out and install a DPP44, and then re-install the receiver the tech disconnected to install a 3rd receiver.

On the backfeed... The 625 TV2 could be used to either record or send a live signal to another location. So if you did not need to do both at the same time, then this would be the way to go.

On one coax, you can have a Satellite signal (950 MHz - 2150 MHz) and you can have a TV VHF/UHF signal (50 MHz - 500 MHz?), and they won't interfer with each other. Two diplexors are used similar to spliters/combiners, except it will mix these two types of signals and then it will separate them. Of course you need to be careful about using other items along the path of the mixed signal.

Here's a link with plenty of documents, check out the distributions schemes also.
http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishpro_installation.asp

to keep ur 625 in single mode (record a show, watch another) without tv2 headaches and to keep the cost down
buy a used dish and a used dp twin and run a line to the 301 or the 510!!
best way i think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts